GamesByTim
Featured Creator
Featured Creator
https://www.gamesbytim.com/

powerpoint - Flashcards for PowerPoint Empty Flashcards for PowerPoint

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:20 pm
powerpoint - Flashcards for PowerPoint FlashcardsPPTLogo

Released: February 17, 2018
Updated: November 24, 2023 (Version 1.2.1)

Your next exam, made easier to study for with PowerPoint.
  • Create flashcards using PowerPoint's editing view. You can use text and/or images.
  • In slide show view, randomly shuffle your flashcards to test your memory.
  • Control how your flashcards shuffle and display with built-in settings.
  • Includes sound effects and a star system.

Rather than simple randomization, Flashcards for PowerPoint shuffles the order of your cards. This ensures that you'll see all of your cards once before a card you've already seen appears again.

Can't think of any flashcard ideas? Try this example set about the Periodic Table of Elements (up to Uranium).

Compatible With
- Windows: PowerPoint 2007 or newer
- Mac: PowerPoint 2011 or newer

You'll need to enable macros for this project to work.

License
powerpoint - Flashcards for PowerPoint 88x31

To help you freely create and share your flashcards, this project uses the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. This means you can distribute and adapt this project for commercial and noncommercial purposes as long as you credit Games by Tim for the original work.

Screenshots

powerpoint - Flashcards for PowerPoint FlashcardsPPTScreenshot1
powerpoint - Flashcards for PowerPoint FlashcardsHowToUse   powerpoint - Flashcards for PowerPoint FlashcardsPPT1.2

powerpoint - Flashcards for PowerPoint FlashcardsSettings

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Download Link: https://timtree.github.io/download/flashcards-ppt/

Project Page on my Website

Last edited by GamesByTim on Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:45 am; edited 4 times in total
GamesByTim
GamesByTim
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

powerpoint - Flashcards for PowerPoint Empty Flashcards for PowerPoint Version 1.1

Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:53 pm
powerpoint - Flashcards for PowerPoint FlashcardsPPTIcon

The first update to Flashcards for PowerPoint is here!

Based on user feedback, many of you guys preferred viewing the amount of starred flashcards as a number, rather than a percentage. In other words,

15 total flashcards     4 starred
is preferred to
15 total flashcards     26.7% starred

That's why starting with version 1.1, it is now possible to toggle the starred cards count within Settings. Simply click on the text, and the count will switch between a number and a percentage. The number is shown by default.

I hope this update improves your studying experience.
GamesByTim
GamesByTim
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

powerpoint - Flashcards for PowerPoint Empty Flashcards for PowerPoint Version 1.1.1

Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:39 pm
Not a big update, but I had to do this at some point.

• Adds macro checking
  • Changes links and attribution name to Games by Tim

Since I'm phasing out PowerPoint projects, I probably won't work on Flashcards for PowerPoint any further. I hope that permissive Creative Commons license goes to good use. Wink
GamesByTim
GamesByTim
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

powerpoint - Flashcards for PowerPoint Empty Flashcards for PowerPoint Version 1.2

Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:49 am
powerpoint - Flashcards for PowerPoint FlashcardsPPTIcon

A new Flashcards for PowerPoint update (version 1.2) has arrived, thanks to an unexpected user test that helped me identify usability/UI issues.

The Rundown

• I've redesigned the flashcards, replacing the boring solid outlines with fresh shadows and gradients. Shadows help make the buttons pop out more and appear more clickable. Gradients allow the UI to present a watercolor-like appearance.

powerpoint - Flashcards for PowerPoint FlashcardsPPTScreenshot2   powerpoint - Flashcards for PowerPoint FlashcardsPPT1.2
    Old/New

Not only have I retouched the buttons/cards, the stars appear more spiffy than ever. Check out the new congratulations slide when you've starred all your flashcards.

powerpoint - Flashcards for PowerPoint FlashcardsCongrats

In addition, the arrow that takes you to the next flashcard now fades in/out, so you have a better idea when you've reached your next card.

• I've redone the How to Use slides with bigger images and slight rewording.

powerpoint - Flashcards for PowerPoint FlashcardsHowToUse

• I've updated Settings to now show the amount AND percentage of starred flashcards in one place. No more needless clicking to toggle amounts and percentages!

powerpoint - Flashcards for PowerPoint FlashcardsSettings

• I've also partially fixed display issues when starting the slideshow in a flashcard slide (excluding PowerPoint 2007). Previously, your flashcards wouldn't autohide its terms/definitions if you directly started the slideshow on a flashcard. This has been resolved UNLESS you haven't shuffled your flashcards at least once each time you open the file, which I cannot fix due to PowerPoint limitations. What's more, this partial fix is not applied to PowerPoint 2007 because the fix causes cards to briefly reveal its terms/definitions in that version.

- - - - - -

PowerPoint 2007/2011 for Mac Announcement

As it's becoming increasingly difficult for me to access PowerPoint 2007 and 2011 for Mac, version 1.2 is the final release to officially support these PowerPoint versions. (PowerPoint 2010 is not affected by this change.)

This doesn't mean future versions won't work on these PowerPoint versions; I just won't be able to test on them moving forward. I also won't go out of my way to remove any compatibility code for 2007/2011 for Mac unless the code impedes my ability to implement new features.

- - - - - -

Link to detailed release notes on my site
GamesByTim
GamesByTim
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

powerpoint - Flashcards for PowerPoint Empty Re: Flashcards for PowerPoint

Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:47 am
Version 1.2.1 is out. It fixes an issue with setting background colors caused by a recent update to PowerPoint for Mac.

More info on the bug available here.

Wheel of Fortune for PowerPoint is also affected by this bug and will receive a fix soon.
Sponsored content

powerpoint - Flashcards for PowerPoint Empty Re: Flashcards for PowerPoint

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum