PowerPoint Creative

Go down
DJ-Sammy
DJ-Sammy
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator

game - Lucky Spin Game Empty Lucky Spin Game

Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:19 am
So thought I’d finally get around to sharing my lucky spin game I posted about a while ago. Still haven’t figured out the gradual stop for the wheel, but it’s functional at least.

The game was built by myself to be used during my DJ Residency, so it’s designed to be used by DJs, entertainers, bar/club owners etc. So it’s a bit different to most of the other games here as it’s designed to be run by a host giving players a go (means it uses presenter view and ideally you will need a second screen).

It’s designed to allow as many people as you want to play (I usually limit it to 5 players - first come first serve the first 5 to get to my dj box will play) but is completely optional how many players you allow to play. It’s become one of the most popular games I run now so I usually run the game 3-4 times over the course of the night with 5 players at a time.

It’s a very simple game at its core to run and explain so doubt many instructions are needed, it’s essentially press enter to advance through the intro slides and then just click the wheel to start the spin. Get the player to shout stop, and click the wheel again when they do.

Now hopefully I’ve done the right process to share it haha
[removed broken link]

New link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/1AHZX6iQcTbNv4KUxWrOzS-tI8PgjHNCg/edit?usp=docslist_api&filetype=mspresentation

Last edited by DJ-Sammy on Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

game - Lucky Spin Game Empty Re: Lucky Spin Game

Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:05 pm
Unfortunately, Google is saying that I need permission to open this file. I think you should get an email from Google about granting permission.
DJ-Sammy
DJ-Sammy
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator

Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:30 pm
Apologies just updated it now with a new link hopefully that one will work. If it works I’d love some feedback or possible improvements and if anyone can figure out show to implement a gradual slowing to a stop please let me know how!
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:29 am
Thanks, the new link worked fine.

Overall, the game works well.

I'm wondering though if there is a slicker way to get to Slide 5 from Slide 3 (without the need for the blank Slide 4)
> Maybe you could enlarge the white circle on slide 3 until it completely covers the slide and then have it zoom in at whatever time / speed before the transition to the next slide.

At the moment, when you click or press enter on Slide 5, it only stops the animation and you need to press again to get to Slide 6. Not a big problem, but...
> You could instead set (say) the big arrow with an Action to move to the next slide. (You would need to click on it for this to happen though).

As far as the slowing down is concerned, the only way I can see this happening is if you have a big randomiser with a series of Spin animations gradually getting slower before stopping. I'll have an experiment and see if it can work.

You do however have a good game that works as it is, so anything else will be icing on the cake.
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:22 pm
Try downloading this and clicking on the blue oval. Lucky Spin - test 1

Is this amount of slowing-down enough? If so, then it can work - although you'll need 20 slides for it (it won't look like 20 to the audience!).

It won't be too difficult to do. Let me know if you want any more info / slides.
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:09 am
I had a try with a few slides using the slowing-down method. It worked, but only to a limited degree.

The main problem occurred when a slide was selected for a second / third time - the animation does not re-set, so all you see is the arrow pointing at the relevant segment.

Also, when someone shouts 'Stop' I think the expectation is that the circle will stop spinning. When a slowish slow-down is used, it does not look quite right - because it doesn't stop, but just slows down to a stop. A little 'bounce' at the end might help, although I don't think this is possible.
DJ-Sammy
DJ-Sammy
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator

Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:58 pm
I think the slowing down you have there is perfect, how did you do it?

And whilst the expectation is for it to stop as soon as they shout stop, some of the customers I have are devious and time it to stop on a particular section (not much success as I still have to manually click it to stop it), but sometimes they hit the one they were going for. A gradual stop is a way to combat this I feel. I don’t mind giving away a free shot to everyone in the bar maybe once a night but when I get a devious customer who manages to time it to stop on it 2 or 3 times in a night it’s not ideal, especially as I can have 100+ people in at the time.

But thanks for showing me it is possible to implement a gradual stop, if you can help me in doing it as I cannot figure it out!
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:19 am
The slow-down is done as a Spin animation with a spin set for 4 seconds via 'Timing' and in something like 1440 degrees (4 full spins) with a 'Smooth end' of the full 4 second duration. (When you type-in the number of degrees, hit 'Enter' before you hit OK otherwise it won't register).

I've had a go at making a 'slow-down' version which you can get to from HERE. There are some instructions at the front.

You'll notice that the participants shout 'Ready' then 'Spin' rather than 'Stop'. I think it's the only way to get the slow-down method to work.

See what you think.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum