PowerPoint Creative
PowerPoint Creative

Go down
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

game - SHOVE HA'PENNY - The traditional pub game Empty SHOVE HA'PENNY - The traditional pub game

Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:53 am
I haven't posted much lately, but here's a game that I finished today.

It was interesting trying to get the voice-over software to pronounce 'Ha'penny' correctly. The spelling 'Haypnee' got there in the end. (I did hear an American You Tuber pronounce it as 'Har-Penny' which made me laugh). If you were from London or SE England, you'd pronounce it all as one word: 'Fancy a game of Shuvaypnee?'

It's not public yet but you can download from here: SHOVE HA'PENNY

Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

game - SHOVE HA'PENNY - The traditional pub game Empty Re: SHOVE HA'PENNY - The traditional pub game

Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:52 am
Clicking the coin for heads or tails always turned heads...
..or did I just simply have an (un)lucky streak?

This seems to be a fantastic bar game that goes well with a couple of pints! I always liked penny games and in elementary school would gamble my pocket money mom gave to buy milk and buns with. Sometimes would go hungry for the day Wink. In general we don't have bar games in Poland except for the rare occurences of darts and less rare pool.
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

game - SHOVE HA'PENNY - The traditional pub game Empty Re: SHOVE HA'PENNY - The traditional pub game

Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:18 am
Clicking the coin for heads or tails always turned heads...
..or did I just simply have an (un)lucky streak?

I think it was an unlucky streak. I just downloaded the game from the link above and tails came up on second click.

There's a randomiser over the coin that's made up of 4 segments (2 heads 2 tails) on a 5 second rotation. So it's 50/50 in theory, but if you click on the same spot every 5 seconds, you'll get the same result.

These days, you'll only see the game played in a few rural pubs. It's not as popular now as it used to be.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum