PowerPoint Creative
PowerPoint Creative

Go down
trgriffith
trgriffith
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator

money - Wheel of fortune always landing on same money amount Empty Wheel of fortune always landing on same money amount

Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:19 am
We played Wheel of Fortune at my work and player one always got $300, player 2, got $1000, and player 3 always got the wild $500, every spin, every round.
rusnakcreative
rusnakcreative
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.rusnakcreative.com

money - Wheel of fortune always landing on same money amount Empty Re: Wheel of fortune always landing on same money amount

Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:14 am
Are you able to get the letters to appear by clicking on the spun value? If so, then the problem lies in the random generation of the spin. 

Long story short of how the random spin code works: It will generate a value which is used to determine how far to animate a rotational spin by coding. This random generation only works ONCE you enter the wheel slide by mouse over the spin button. This code will reset when you leave the wheel slide by clicking one of the wheel values and should allow you to randomly generate another value and replace the current spin animation with the new randomly generated one. However, it doesn't sound like this is the case for you. I think the problem may lie with the fact that I think the code is for 32 bit and you're running 64 bit? 32 vs 64 bit usually isn't a problem with my coding, however, this specific part of coding is rather complex, so it may be affected here. When I get some time I'll see if I can find a workaround for this issue.
trgriffith
trgriffith
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator

money - Wheel of fortune always landing on same money amount Empty Re: Wheel of fortune always landing on same money amount

Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:15 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
That's interesting and now I know what happened.  Our training room is controlled with a touchscreen PC.  So there isn't a mouseover event, just a touch event.
rusnakcreative
rusnakcreative
Administrator
Administrator

Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:22 am
Is there a workstation or a mouse you can hook up to your touchscreen PC? I really hope you can find a way to make this work!
trgriffith
trgriffith
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator

Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:28 am
The event has passed already so it's no big deal.  We had a mouse hooked to it and when we did the dry run I used the mouse and it worked perfect.  The day of the event, I was out, and the guy that ran it used the touchscreen and no mouse.  

It's fine. my group took it in strides and thought it was funny.  A couple of people figured it out quick and won small bets on what the spins would be.
rusnakcreative
rusnakcreative
Administrator
Administrator

Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:33 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Well, I'm glad everyone had fun despite the technical difficulties.

I am glad that you did let me know about the touchscreen, and I will definitely keep that in mind with my games. When I do have some time, I'll see about removing the mouse-over part to make it more touchscreen friendly.
trgriffith
trgriffith
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator

Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:36 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
No problem.  More touchscreens are coming so it's a good idea.

You've got some great stuff here and anything I can do to help I'll do.  Bug reporting is the best I can do for now.
JadeJohnsonGames
JadeJohnsonGames
PPT Master
PPT Master
Location : The World Of Whichever Game Engine I'm Developing At The Time
http://fbenson.webs.com

Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:07 pm
Yeah, I discovered that whole touch screen thing the hard way too - not to mention "PowerPoint 2010" Versus "PowerPoint Viewer 2010", but that's a whole other story.  Sad
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum