PowerPoint Creative
PowerPoint Creative

Go down
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

I CHING TODAY - Not exactly a game, but somthing you can use Empty I CHING TODAY - Not exactly a game, but somthing you can use

Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:24 pm
This is probably my biggest PowerPoint project to date. I completed it in 2010 after about five months of research, testing for accuracy of interpretation, and production on PPT. I have it for sale at minimal cost in PPT format on another website of mine, and also as two books, one for anyone and one for business leaders. (They say the same things but use different terminology).

I use it myself during difficult times and it seldom fails to provide insight into what's going on an how I might deal with it - without losing sight of the fact that my decisions are my responsibility.

The bottom screenshot shows a full reading page. There are 64 of these in total.

It includes Flash, but no VBA. The instructions can seem complicated but that's only because they are!

I'd be really interested in hearing if anyone uses it and finds it useful e.g. when seeking new job / home etc.

Find it here (free to PPC members but no reproduction or forwarding without permission please): I CHING TODAY

I CHING TODAY - Not exactly a game, but somthing you can use Header I CHING TODAY - Not exactly a game, but somthing you can use ContentsI CHING TODAY - Not exactly a game, but somthing you can use Intro I CHING TODAY - Not exactly a game, but somthing you can use PrinciplesI CHING TODAY - Not exactly a game, but somthing you can use How_useI CHING TODAY - Not exactly a game, but somthing you can use CoinsI CHING TODAY - Not exactly a game, but somthing you can use Reading_1
rusnakcreative
rusnakcreative
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.rusnakcreative.com

I CHING TODAY - Not exactly a game, but somthing you can use Empty Re: I CHING TODAY - Not exactly a game, but somthing you can use

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:43 am
John, I moved your topic to the "other" PowerPoint section Wink

This looks really interesting to try out, and a LOT more involved than a "Magic 8 Ball!" Unfortunately I was having issues trying to get the coin-thrower to work. The directions mentioned to right click to get it going, and I wasn't able to right click anything on that slide. I'll try it again with an actual mouse (am using laptop track pad.) I will definitely let you know how this goes.

Also, if you're cool with it, I'd like to modify it to include VBA in it so you don't have to embed flash in there for the coin toss. Plus, with the code already knowing what you have tossed, it could also be programmed to fill in the yin yang lines with each toss and then take you to the corresponding slide for your reading. Just a thought Wink
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

I CHING TODAY - Not exactly a game, but somthing you can use Empty Re: I CHING TODAY - Not exactly a game, but somthing you can use

Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:57 am
Moving to 'Other' is fine.

I just tested the download version and it seems that the Flash is not embedded or didn't download with the package. So....I've packed the show as an 'exe' file and have linked the webpage to this.

I have no problems in automating as much as possible so please go ahead with anything you want to try. I don't know if it's possible, but programming the 'moving' lines to reveal the relevant Changes (1 - 6) on the reading page would be brilliant and save people having to go back and check which lines are moving. Don't know how you programme for going to the second reading, but going back to the Hexagram page for this is not too much of a pain as moving lines don't apply. (Hope this makes sense!)

Appreciate the offer to do some VBA work on it. Hope it's an interesting exercise for you too. (If you didn't download the PPT version to work on let me know and I'll email it)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum