PowerPoint Creative
PowerPoint Creative

Go down
GamesByTim
GamesByTim
Featured Creator
Featured Creator
https://www.gamesbytim.com/

game - Escape a Tower - My First Text Adventure Game (PPT/Web) Empty Escape a Tower - My First Text Adventure Game (PPT/Web)

Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:14 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
game - Escape a Tower - My First Text Adventure Game (PPT/Web) Towerappicon

This is Escape a Tower: my first text adventure/PowerPoint game. Some nefarious dude has kidnapped you, and your goal is to navigate your way out of his puzzle-filled tower!

Escape a Tower originally released in 2010 as a PowerPoint game. In 2014, I ported the game to the Web.

game - Escape a Tower - My First Text Adventure Game (PPT/Web) Escape11   game - Escape a Tower - My First Text Adventure Game (PPT/Web) Escape10

Left: PowerPoint. Right: Web.

The PowerPoint version is the "OG" release that offers a full screen experience. It was last updated in 2012.
The Web version is playable on smartphones, has grammatical corrections, and includes more post game content. It was last updated in 2018.

Let me know which version you try!

Download the PowerPoint version

Play the Web version
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

game - Escape a Tower - My First Text Adventure Game (PPT/Web) Empty Re: Escape a Tower - My First Text Adventure Game (PPT/Web)

Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:42 am
Hi Tim!
I did the Web version and enjoyed it till the very end despite my 16 game overs! Well done. I'm glad the riddles were not too difficult - it's easy for me to lose interest otherwise. I also liked the humor - I decided to have a lot of coffee cups when in uniform with the guards and you foresaw that with funny responses. I went on till 17 and another game over. In what other parts of the game did you implement this approach?

Your game reminds me of an experience I went through at University. We were freshmen lined up in a huge gym hall signing up for the first time. There were hundreds of us and it was loud. There was staff sitting at desks scattered all over the gym floor and rope hand rails for people to follow route. There was the photo desk for an immediate ID, the medical questionnaire desk, board&room, course selection, etc, etc. Walking up to a desk we would get 1 or more coded forms to fill out and to take to other desks. The guys at the desks were not too specific about what to actually do and created a sense of rush "Next please! Hurry up!". We didn't want to show that we didn't know what the heck was going on and played on - what later turned out to be - their game. If we gave the wrong form or gave wrong answers in the form or went to the wrong desk we were sent back, sometimes a few desks back to clarify and start anew form that point on. With the commotion, pushing and shoving it took me a while before I realized I was taking part in a real-life MAZE GAME!

They explained it at the end - it was part of some Uni experiment. We all had a laugh. And got a free beer.

Last edited by Yahretzky on Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:44 am; edited 2 times in total
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

game - Escape a Tower - My First Text Adventure Game (PPT/Web) Empty Re: Escape a Tower - My First Text Adventure Game (PPT/Web)

Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:41 am
Hi Guys,

I have posted Yahretzky's question above into PPC Help Center as a new thread so that this thread can stay on-topic.

https://powerpointcreative.forumotion.com/t298-learning-maze-game
GamesByTim
GamesByTim
Featured Creator
Featured Creator
https://www.gamesbytim.com/

Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:23 am
For the record, I updated Escape a Tower (Web version) last month, which allows the game to reload if you lose Internet connection. More info here.

To answer Yahretzky's question about the coffee cups (I know, long delayed response), that scene is a reference to Godot from Pheonix Wright: Ace Attorney (he never drinks more than 17 cups of coffee on a given day). There are no other scenes that implement a consecutive kind of approach since it's actually a recent addition to the script, and such functionality would have been difficult to make with PowerPoint without macros (the original platform).
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum