PowerPoint Creative
PowerPoint Creative

Go down
Houtarou Oreki
Houtarou Oreki
PPT Creator
PPT Creator

The Escape - A point and click style escape game Empty The Escape - A point and click style escape game

Fri May 15, 2020 11:32 pm
Hello everyone once again !!
As i promised, here is my first ever big project and first ever point and click style game !!

I made this when i was in 10th grade . I made this on my own (totally), But took almost half a year to build  Shocked , since i was doing it with studies . 
It was a very great challenge to build this game cause i had many limitations like what if a certain item is picked up before this item , what if a certain work is done before a different work which should have been done first , etc.( not really limitation but it would have created even more slides and could have been a huge mess. It has already freakin 158 slides or so !!!! )

This is a complete trigger and animation based game so no worries of macro security issues !

I hope you will like this game Very Happy (Please do not cheat and peak in the slides Wink )

Please send your reviews , opinions and suggestions !

Btw , I went in the tinypick website but it was closed. So ,ive put a link of the photo instead of posting it.

Photo link-  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sHVzdYnvvsyDXf4FXCDfwl_2fsSaJkdJ

If there’s any other option , please tell me  Smile
DOWNLOAD LINK
https://drive.google.com/open?id=11QQOIuBO1syUoM67ssx9lPhmKMyZvF-M
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

The Escape - A point and click style escape game Empty Re: The Escape - A point and click style escape game

Mon May 18, 2020 3:38 pm
I'm afraid I must have a mental block as far as these types of game are concerned.

Maybe there is some kind of method to do these that I'm not aware of.

By clicking on the first box of 'TIME' I found the key that opened a door to reveal a clock face, and a type of Morse code sheet. There was a Morse-type code beneath the clock face but it didn't match with anything on the sheet. In two rooms a code near the ceiling matched with 9 & 1 on the sheet.

In two places there were clock hands that showed '3' and a time of 3:10, then a '1' with a time of 12:50. Nothing happened to these when I clicked them. After a while the Morse code sheet disappeared and the door went back and covered the clock face again which remained locked.

From this point I just wandered from room to room without finding anything more. When I clicked on the second part of 'TIME' it was Game Over.

I'm sure it's not the game. I'm sure it's me. I just don't know what I'm doing - sorry.

Having said all that, I greatly admire the ingenuity and technical ability that went into this game. I wish I could have seen more of it as I only went through the ppsx version so could not see the other 150-odd slides! And to produce this at such a tender age - amazing!
Houtarou Oreki
Houtarou Oreki
PPT Creator
PPT Creator

The Escape - A point and click style escape game Empty Re: The Escape - A point and click style escape game

Mon May 18, 2020 10:55 pm
Thanks for your feedback! But your problem was way too unexpected!! It never happened in my many tests! I guess you should start it again.

Spoiler:

( Please add spoiler tag to this)

Last edited by rusnakcreative on Mon May 18, 2020 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added spoiler tag)
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Tue May 19, 2020 6:36 am
I give up.
Got as far as all 3 sets of clock hands.
Can't work out the clock riddle.

@Houtarou
If I have all three sets of clock hands do I have to go through everything from the beginning each time, because otherwise the code will never work?

@johnr
Spoiler:

Meanwhile, let's go out for a pint John and then for sure we'll find a solution(!). Keeping in mind social distancing, of course.

Very Happy Very Happy

Houtarou Oreki likes this post

johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Tue May 19, 2020 7:36 am
You're on!

And I'm jealous if you have pubs open where you can buy a pint!
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Tue May 19, 2020 7:44 am
We don't.
I reckoned Brits would never allow to close them...
BTW the first 4 are on me.
I'm Polish - we like to have a drink.

Last edited by Yahretzky on Tue May 19, 2020 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Houtarou Oreki
Houtarou Oreki
PPT Creator
PPT Creator

Tue May 19, 2020 8:52 am
Well , let me ask you guys a question. What are you thinking about the use of the clockhand hints?
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Tue May 19, 2020 9:06 am
I presume it's for the 3 pairs of code to finish the game.
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Tue May 19, 2020 9:16 am
To be honest, I don't know what they are hinting at.

I thought that they would point to the numbers on the clock face and provide the code for the combination box (not the kidnapper's) - but this only needed 3 numbers - and I only found 2 clock hands anyway.
Houtarou Oreki
Houtarou Oreki
PPT Creator
PPT Creator

Tue May 19, 2020 10:42 am
@ Johnr , you're very close I would say but you're applying it to the wrong box
(Please add spoiler tag if the text below is visible)

johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Wed May 20, 2020 5:42 pm
Well, I'm progressing. I've got as far as the memory test safe.

It's probably too late now but it would be better for me if I could go back to a particular room after getting caught rather than have to quit the game altogether.

That 'Loading' bar was becoming frustrating when I wanted to get back quickly and test my next pair of numbers. It expect it will happen more when I get something wrong in the memory game. It's even more frustrating because I know that this is PowerPoint - and NOTHING is loading!!!*   Twisted Evil Wink Very Happy

I'll try again tomorrow - and keep notes of everything!

*Actually this is a bit of a serious point. I used to see lots of PowerPoint games, usually by younger people, where they had a 'Loading' bar because 'real' computer games have them. I always felt we should not try to make PowerPoint look like something it's not. It is PowerPoint, and our games should celebrate this and not try to hide it. Other people might have a different view, but that's mine. (Serious point over).
Houtarou Oreki
Houtarou Oreki
PPT Creator
PPT Creator

Wed May 20, 2020 8:55 pm
Hmm . You're right. That time I used to make such loading bars for fun , but from your experience , I think I should remove them. thanks for telling me!
rusnakcreative
rusnakcreative
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.rusnakcreative.com

Thu May 21, 2020 11:29 pm
johnr wrote:*Actually this is a bit of a serious point. I used to see lots of PowerPoint games, usually by younger people, where they had a 'Loading' bar because 'real' computer games have them. I always felt we should not try to make PowerPoint look like something it's not. It is PowerPoint, and our games should celebrate this and not try to hide it. Other people might have a different view, but that's mine. (Serious point over).

I am guilty of having one game with a loading bar. It wasn't "just for fun" it was more of a loving nod to the flash game called "The Impossible Quiz" that I was trying to re-create all in PowerPoint. I spent a lot of time on this loading screen and wanted you to enjoy it for a few seconds before the whole game started. I did pretty well getting the quiz running just like the flash game, except the multiple lives part, as this was before my VBA days. 

Anyways, I do agree wholeheartedly about unnecessary loading screens or loading bars! Same can be said with extremely long intro animations where the creator has to have their name and logo on a screen, do flashy stuff, and then their friends name and logo on another slide, and also do flashy stuff, etc. I get that you guys are extremely proud of what you have made, and really want to add your name to your work. Please please please keep those intros down to a reasonable length of time of under 10 seconds!

And now that I have almost hijacked this thread, lets return to our regularly scheduled thread where John is in the process of solving this game!
!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w
!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:08 am
Necroing this one, its only a little frustrating on the restarting parts. The clock arms were also forcing the gears in my head to turn, it didn't take long before I realized the clock is actually randomly ordered and it seemed to be a recurring obstacle in this thread. But overall, its a pleasant experience!

Houtarou Oreki likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum