PowerPoint Creative

Go down
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Clockworks Empty Clockworks

Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:25 am
I was sitting at home (pandemia) and looking through the different projects I've made over time. I then took a few different bits and pieces and constructed an animated screensaver I call "Clockworks". Nothing really, but looks quite good on my large TV screen Smile

Clockworks Clcock10
You can download the .ppsx file here.

There's also a variant with a different background and an added gif behind the yellow kaleidoscope.

Clockworks Clockw10
You can download the .ppsx variant here.

How about adding mouse click actions to different elements of the clock. Any ideas?

rusnakcreative likes this post

rusnakcreative
rusnakcreative
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.rusnakcreative.com

Clockworks Empty Re: Clockworks

Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:59 pm
That was really fun and relaxing to watch all the different parts of this clockwork animation. I really loved how every where you look, you are treated to a unique effect that all works and flows well beautifully with everything else. The first thing that caught my attention was the gray gear is actually in 3 parts moving at 3 different speeds. After that, my eyes just wandered around and taking in all the bits and gears you put in.

As for adding mouse click actions, what about about turning this like the inside of a wind-up toy? Click the wind-up key a couple times, and watch the gears go for 10 - 15 seconds, and then they slow down for another 5 - 10 seconds to a stop.

You could also turn this into like a fix-it game, where there are some extra gears and cogs in a box that you can use to fill in some gaps, and then try turning the machine on to see if it works. For example, you could have 3 gears: small, medium, large. The space requires a medium gear, and can allow a small or medium gear to fit. The large will be too big to fit and won't work. If you put the small gear in, then all that will be animated is the gears leading up to and including the small gear (if connected.) If you have placed the correct parts in the correct places, then you are rewarded with something like music from a music box, or a twirling dancer or something else.

Nicely done!
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:05 am
For some reason I missed this post until I saw it in the Newsletter - sorry!

Both of these are wonderful. They are really easy on the eye (and ear) and have the quality that you often notice something that you didn't notice before.

My only minor issue is with the wide yellow lines of the kaleidoscope animation. On its own, it's great, but against the more subtle tones and gradients of some of the other animations it looks a little overpowering. I wonder if some transparency to the lines would tone them down a little? Just a thought.

As for adding something clickable, I think you could have some cogs turning in the wrong direction. Clicking on them would reverse the direction so the aim would be to get them all turning correctly. Maybe a 'nasty' sound effect could also be replaced by an harmonious one when turning correctly too.

On a different tack...
If I said that an MP4 version of either of these could be uploaded as a saleable Non Fungible Token on the Ethereum Blockchain on a site like OpenSea - would you have any idea what I'm talking about?! Let me know if you are interested in hearing more.
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:53 pm
The main goal was to have the heartbeat sound which - I've heard - helps relax and brings on about soul comfort. So it's more about listening and the animations are just added on.

I too don't like the kaleidoscope yellow lines so something has to be done about that Wink

For the time being I'll take a raincheck on the clickables. Windows 11 installation caused some heavy chaos on my laptop and I have some fixing to do.

I took a peek at OpenSea and can only guesse what it's about. Please PM me (email) for me to learn more.

Thanks!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum