Go down
maximmm
maximmm
I'm New to PPC!
I'm New to PPC!

language learning game ideas Empty language learning game ideas

Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:44 am
https://youtu.be/7SfO8z83_Uk

Hi there.  I used to post various games on the teachers' forum in Korea - but since then stopped, if only because as the time went by, the fewer game creators there were - so there wasn't a whole lot of sharing going on, so to speak.

Instead, I started making games strictly for my students.
Here is the video where some of these games are featured.  

By the way, none of these games use vcb - 

I must admit, I feel like I could create some remarkable games if I knew vcb, but anyways - it is what it is.

PS. In my experience, there's a definite problem with powerpoint platform.  The more animations I add to the screen, the slower the editing process becomes.  If you add too many animations, editing is nearly impossible without a restart of PPT - and even then, the editing starts to work smoothly only for a minute or 2 before crawling to a halt.  

As such, PPT appears to be ill suited for making truly advanced games - unless vcb allows one to overcome this limitation?
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

language learning game ideas Empty Re: language learning game ideas

Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:07 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hi Maximmm - Welcome to the Forum!

Your games look exceptional in the You Tube video. You have a great talent with PowerPoint.

I get where you are coming from regarding the slowness of the editing process with complex games. I find it a lot with PowerPoint 365.

Fortunately I also have PowerPoint 2010 from a disk version which seems much more robust - like a workhorse instead of a fragile racehorse. I have sometimes had to start a game in 365, then finish it in 2010 so I don't have to wait 20 seconds for a response to a click.

Visual basic can do brilliant things and although I don't do it, we have some members who can. You can check out Rusnakcreative's posts on HOW DO YOU VBA? as a starting point if you wish.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum