PowerPoint Creative
PowerPoint Creative

Go down
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

3D Maze possible without VBA? Empty 3D Maze possible without VBA?

Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:36 am
I can't think of a way to make a 3D Maze with pure PPT. Can it be done?

3D Maze possible without VBA? Obraz211
ListWits
ListWits
Featured Creator
Featured Creator
http://dasaintfan1.wixsite.com/listwits

3D Maze possible without VBA? Empty Re: 3D Maze possible without VBA?

Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:23 am
Okay, so we're gonna treat it as 3-d game (Rooms on screen) or just as a isomorphic board like you have listed here?

IF we're leaving it isomorphic...  take  as starting room...  Trigger on entry of that room, light up ONLY the rooms you can move to.

so the room trigger would be based specifically on the shape you've selected... (this should help with the up-down selection as well)?

Basically set up each animation as the valid exit on each space?

Not sure if that's what you're looking for, yahr...   (Now with VBA... We can do it with pretty much one slide, and one file of valid exits).
rusnakcreative
rusnakcreative
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.rusnakcreative.com

Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:30 am
I just sent you a PM. I did start a 3D maze without VBA, but have yet to complete it due to the complexities of the game I was working on. If you were working on just a maze and nothing else, you could try the method I have PM'd you without the extras I wanted to include.
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:32 am
Thanks rusnak!
I went through your 3d maze project and it's too big for me for the moment.
I'll look into how I can implement some of your methods into something simpler - isomorphic - I have in mind.
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:18 am
Hey ListWits!
Thanks for participating. I don't know VBA myself but I heard you are its aficionado. True?

I got the 3D idea from an earlier simple 2D maze I made (you can try it here). 

To keep things simple for the learning curve I want to limit the board to an isomorphic 5x5 or even keep it 2D - don't know.
Now imagine that instead of stopping in 'yet another' dead end corridor it could be a passage to a different level (slide/screen?) with the same size board in exactly the same spot but with a different layout.
Now imagine many of those levels where the passages may lead to whichever level, not necessarily the immediate one above or below.

The very first problem I encountered is how to make PPT remember where you've already been if landing on a level you've already been to but at a different position? And a couple more like the up/down movement between levels you mentioned, etc.

Or maybe it would be faster to start learning VBA, eh?
ListWits
ListWits
Featured Creator
Featured Creator
http://dasaintfan1.wixsite.com/listwits

Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:48 am
My FIRST guess : 

Would be try to use your 2d maze for the starting basis, put together as many as you need for the different layers

Use the 3-d shape perspective option on all the maze levels... (say  :  Parallel - Top Axis :  off-center 1  (or Perespective:  Relaxed?)

multiple maze levels...  With those hairy "invisible triggers" that everyone hates.   Hit one and it swaps out the maze level layer for a different one (up or down)  (I think that would be the hard part)... (Identifiable by maybe the maze image color?)

But as I'm just throwing spitballs..  it's a little bit more of a guess than anything right at the moment
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:53 am
Good enough for me for a start.
thnx
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum