PowerPoint Creative
PowerPoint Creative

Go down
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

New Hints & Tips video tutorials - With voice-overs Empty New Hints & Tips video tutorials - With voice-overs

Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:40 pm
I have started to make a new series of 'Tips & Tricks' video tutorials for YouTube. I'm aiming to make most of them around 5 minutes each.

The videos make use of a voice-over. (It's not me!) This is the first time I have included spoken instructions for tutorial videos.

I purchased the two 'one payment only' options for the standard Speechelo and Talkia software.

As a Brit, I wanted a British accent which I got from Talkia.

Here are the two videos. They are not public yet but will be soon.

Any feedback on these will be gratefully received.

This is the third one:

Here is a list of topics that I'm hoping to make other videos like these on.

• Use of Kiosk mode
  • Use of Selection Pane (probably longer than 5 mins)
  • Add a Mouse-over Screen Tip
  • Embed fonts
  • Use of Quick Access Toolbar
  • Add a Delay of longer than default 60 second max
  • Make picture backgrounds transparent (3 ways)
  • Use of Format Painter
  • Use of Animation Painter
  • Triggers (basic and advanced?)
  • Adjusting animations in the Animation Pane
  • Transparency vs No Fill
  • Aligning objects
  • Adding sound effects
  • Use of 'Change Picture'
  • Links to 'Next Slide' vs Slide Number

Please let me know if you have any other topics that might be suitable for this 'Tip & Tricks' series.

Last edited by johnr on Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:31 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added the third YouTube video. All three are now public.)
rusnakcreative
rusnakcreative
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.rusnakcreative.com

New Hints & Tips video tutorials - With voice-overs Empty Re: New Hints & Tips video tutorials - With voice-overs

Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:16 am
How about use of Custom Shows? Custom Shows can be useful if you're making a game that you can play and then hit Escape to leave, but then you return to the Title slide before you started the game instead of exiting out entirely, thanks to the Custom Shows and "Show and Return" option checked.

A couple more ideas:
Use of Zoom hyperlinks
Use of the Morph transition to create different animation effects
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

New Hints & Tips video tutorials - With voice-overs Empty Re: New Hints & Tips video tutorials - With voice-overs

Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:24 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Thanks for the suggestions Mike.

I don't think Ive done much with Custom Shows and especially not the 'Show and Return' option. Something for me to learn as well!
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:02 pm
The tutorials look and sound great. What's more important they're clear and practical to try out immediately. I don't know how Talkia works but the outcome is very smooth. And how well you pace speach to what's happening onscreen. I have no ideas to add to what is planned already.

I did find the background music slightly loud, though, and at times it was hard for me to catch what was being said. Maybe because I'm a non-anglophone.

A very interesting project ahead of you, John - have fun!
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:36 pm
Thanks Jarek. I'll bear in mind the loudness of the music a bit more next time.

Talkia works by typing what you want to be said, then the voice you choose reads it out and you can fine tune some elements like the time between words. Then you export it as sound file. I saved most of my text as short paragraphs to allow them to be positioned in the right places in the movie-making software.

Jarek likes this post

Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:20 pm
Thanks for the explanation Smile

BTW - the female voice mentions that the 24 races are selected randomly. How do you make a random choice in PPT?
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:59 pm
Hi Jarek,

I have copied this question to the 'Dodgem Derby' thread in the Games section - and provided some info on it HERE.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum