PowerPoint Creative
PowerPoint Creative

Go down
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

MiniGame5 - the missing one in the MiniGame series! Empty MiniGame5 - the missing one in the MiniGame series!

Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:52 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
So, finally after a year MiniGame5-NET is here.
It was C8Hypela who encouraged me to finish the game.
Thanks Hype!

MiniGame5 - the missing one in the MiniGame series! Obraz410

You can download the .ppsx file here.

Those into locks - the last puzzle slide has 49 locks 4 digits each (!). I don't know the formula to calculate the total theoretically possible results. 4^49? Anyone?

As a side effect PowerPoint kept slowing down with each added lock particularly in the animations pane view. Closing PPT and starting again solved the problem for the next few locks - and so on, as if some buffer was overloading irrelevant of computer specs. Graphic card acceleration did not work nor did 64Gb of RAM.

Last edited by Jarek on Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total

!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w likes this post

!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w
!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

MiniGame5 - the missing one in the MiniGame series! Empty Re: MiniGame5 - the missing one in the MiniGame series!

Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:56 pm
Holy nuggets! It be done!

I'm trying this one out as soon as I get home!
!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w
!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

MiniGame5 - the missing one in the MiniGame series! Empty Re: MiniGame5 - the missing one in the MiniGame series!

Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:50 am
Uhh, Chief? You might wanna look into these.

MiniGame5 - the missing one in the MiniGame series! Image

I could somewhat make sense the menu-circuit not working at point-blank because overcharging is bad, but the problem with that reasoning would be the mute button working just fine whereas the rest simply didn't. Having multiple possible solution in this kind of game really does sucks lol, I feel ya.

Also, by crediting me on the title screen (that you don't even need to do), I would have given this a 5/5.

Unfortunately, you didn't put a congratulatory message with a bad pun and a cheerful background music at the end of the game (like the rest of the minigame installments). So regretfully, I must bestow this game a score of 1/10.

Keep them pptx games coming!
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:19 am
The menu:
Something too obvious might be a trap for the too-obvious-minded. I added a something little that should help you - and everyone - out  MiniGame5 - the missing one in the MiniGame series! 1f609 

The ending:
I want to make progress and quit the same routines. Change is one of the directions. MiniGames cannot be an excuse for me to stick with the old  MiniGame5 - the missing one in the MiniGame series! 1f600 

The big puzzle:
Got my links mixed up and posted the wrong link. I corrected that in my previous post and am posting the right (hopefully) link again here.

Your credits:
It's a "Thank you" from me to you for making me complete a task I didn't feel like doing, especially since you added them yourself to your version of the menu which I used. A lot can go wrong with this amount of locks, as you have noticed yourself, and the payoff for the amount of work is not - in my opinion - worth it. Just say a word and I'll remove them  MiniGame5 - the missing one in the MiniGame series! 1f60a
!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w
!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:13 am
Oh look. It be fixed, rad! Also found the little help, hehe.

About the credits, I just felt that it looks off from the rest of the design language of your creation. Felt like it would be better to remake it from the ground up, but I guess having the original stamp credit used in the final version can also be an honor of mine in and of itself (since its all about creating a new design that can match a pre-existing element, for going through that lengthy ordeals I expressed gratitude).

And about the old ending, I just felt like the song always fills me with surges of dopamine after clearing your game. So its absence were quite jarring, but I wouldn't mind if that's the direction of change you're wanting to pursue.

And that's about it I guess, looking forward to your next title~
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:49 am
I wrote quite a bit about this game yesterday but it's either disappeared or I failed to send it!

Here's roughly what I said.

I got a bit confused at the start with what the intro 'game' was about. I got the three icons linked to the orange square on different occasions and then it dawned on me that (unless I've got it wrong) this is a slide to choose sound or no sound in the next game. At one point I hit the [> icon was was thrown out of the game totally (not just back to the start). This confused me too. It was like I chose to exit before I'd really started.

Anyway...on to the main game which I liked immensely. It took me a while to establish what I was doing, but I eventually got the hang of it and worked it through to a relatively satisfying conclusion. My reservation is that I thought I had completed it successfully but there was no indication that I had (if indeed I had). I checked it against the picture above and it looked the same. I suspect however that a 'Completed' message would be really difficult without VBA.

While playing, it felt like a 'treasure hunt' game rather than a 'complete a circuit' game. I could see a similar approach with a treasure chest in the centre and all the pirate characters in the black boxes having to forge a pathway to it. (Or shovels in the black boxes digging tunnels to it).

I think the main game has a lot of potential for other levels and variations. It is challenging, but not too much so. It definitely maintained my interest and motivation to complete it - and then I wanted more!
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:49 pm
Thanks Guys!

Hypela - no worries. We'll do just fine  MiniGame5 - the missing one in the MiniGame series! 1f600 

--------------------------------------------------------

John - you probably still have my old not-working version. Try the corrected download again. When you make the right connections everything lights up to indicate it's correct. But what the heck. It's not worth bothering since you've done it already   MiniGame5 - the missing one in the MiniGame series! 1f609 

How's your VBA coming?
I've been working on a very simple VBA project of my own design for the past 2 weeks and finally some progress is shining through. It's exactly how Mike described it: some counters and playing with text. I'll post it once it stops crashing. It started out as a mathematical exercise in VBA which I want to turn into a kind of a stupid and useless sort-of-a-game. And I'll call it MiniGame9.
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:27 pm
Ah, no problem.

I've been so busy with other non-PPT things lately that I've yet to try any VBA - but I will.

Looking forward to seeing your stupid and useless sort-of-a-game! (At least I'll know what to say in any review!) Wink

Jarek likes this post

Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:36 pm
MiniGame5 - the missing one in the MiniGame series! 1f602
rusnakcreative
rusnakcreative
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.rusnakcreative.com

Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:55 pm
Jarek wrote:How's your VBA coming?
I've been working on a very simple VBA project of my own design for the past 2 weeks and finally some progress is shining through. It's exactly how Mike described it: some counters and playing with text. I'll post it once it stops crashing. It started out as a mathematical exercise in VBA which I want to turn into a kind of a stupid and useless sort-of-a-game. And I'll call it MiniGame9.

Stupid or not, it's you getting familiar with VBA and actually making something with it. We all gotta start somewhere. All famous artists didn't become great right away, they all started drawing stick people like everyone else Very Happy

Also, I just downloaded and gave this game a play. Loved it! It was a fun yet calm game with the music. Can't wait to see what you have in store after you've played around with VBA. Great job!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum