Go down
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

SUDOKU on PowerPoint - by ChatGPT Empty SUDOKU on PowerPoint - by ChatGPT

Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:41 am
SUDOKU on PowerPoint - by ChatGPT 310

If you don't know Sudoku then you can easily check out the rules at one of the many internet links available. For example try this one for beginners. I don't intend to go into rules but rather write about my experience with ChatGPT - the new much raved about AI that was bought by Microsoft and is getting incorporated into Bing. Supposedly it will revolutionize the way we have used the internet till now. And I can't agree more. If interested - read on.

Download SUDOKU (.ppsm)

Last edited by Jarek on Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

SUDOKU on PowerPoint - by ChatGPT Empty Re: SUDOKU on PowerPoint - by ChatGPT

Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:48 am
With all the Sudoku puzzles widely available for both computers and mobiles I wanted to call it JASP (Just Another Sudoku Puzzle). 
Firstly - the name wouldn't say much; 
Secondly - it's not "just another" Sudoku game. It's very unique beause ChatGPT wrote almost all of the VBA code I needed for the mathematics used in the Sudoku engine. All I had to do is copy and paste with a copy button already incorporated into Chat's answers! The GUI, on the other hand, had to be done by me.

It was not all that easy to begin with. I had learn to chat with ChatGPT. My first command to ChatGPT, or Chat, as I will call it from now, was: "Show VBA code for a Powerpoint game of Sudoku". Chat said "Sure!" and started spitting out line after line of code, whole modules and functions together with many comment lines explaining the process. It was breath taking to watch, and... 
...completely useless. 

There are limitations to how Chat can help.

Limitation 1 - Chat has a limit of the amount of lines of (whatever) text it outputs. Chat would stop in the middle of writing code and when asked to continue he would continue coding differently making it hard or impossible to get to grips with. I found a workaround by asking for small chunks of code in the form of complete single modules or code snippets.

Limitation 2 - you can only ask Chat a limited amount of questions per hour and per day, then you have to wait till the next day.

Limitation 3 - you have to be very specific about how you build your questions: at the beginning Chat would write general VBA code some of which was not applicable to Powerpoint. I taught Chat that it HAS to be POWERPOINT VBA. Chat remembers the whole of any conversation per thread and easily refers to what was said earlier. With subsequent interactions I didn't have to keep reminding Chat it's a Sudoku puzzle, Powerpoint or VBA or whatever else related to what was discussed earlier. Chat also used the same variable names from before and could/would refer to the code written earlier.

Conclusion
What I had to do was to prepare myself ahead and know exactly what I needed to write a complete Sudoku calculating engine. I asked for small chunks of code which I incorporated into the main program. The experience had taught me that Chat can help me with VBA in a much, much faster and more reliable way rather when scrounging the internet through tons of web pages. If you give Chat a try I'm sure you will find ways to use ChatGPT to benefit your Powerpoint projects. They don't have to be VBA and can relate to whatever problem you want resolved.

JadeJohnsonIndustries™ likes this post

Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:55 am
BTW - my wife got hooked recently on SUDOKU on her mobile. She asked me for a PC version. That's how it all got started SUDOKU on PowerPoint - by ChatGPT 1f605

JadeJohnsonIndustries™
JadeJohnsonIndustries™
PPT Master
PPT Master
Location : I can presently be found at my current interdimensional coordinates.
https://gamejolt.com/@JadeJohnsonIndustries/games

Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:19 am
I love Chat GPT!  In fact, here's

Proof That Chat GPT Can Be Used To Aid Video Game Developers In Making The Best Control slash Input Mappings For Their Titles:

(Oh, and sorry for misrepresenting the lowest refresh-rate for the Blink-animation in PowerPoint, which should read "one refresh per 0.01 seconds; however, I believe the result would've been the same, so I did not alter history by editing my typoes.)

JadeJohnson:
I would like to know if there is a way to make a wrestling-weapon-system, similar to the Tables, Ladders, and Chairs matches in the WWE 2K video-game franchise, but in PowerPoint.  I already have slides for each and every attack in the game, connected by on-mouse-over-hyperlink-based controls, but what would be the better way to interweave the weapon-system:

1. To alternate-between melee human-body attacks and weapon-based blows on a one-to-one basis, or

2. To remap the controls to randomly generate moves, from both classes, depending on which wedge of the currently displayed invisible control wheel is touched by the cursor.  

If it helps, the controls are made up of invisible twelve-wedged spinning wheels that cover the whole screen and rotate on their center points at the center of the slide, at a speed of 0.5 seconds per rotation.

As soon as the player's mouse cursor touches one of these twelve wedges, which are evenly weighted between both wrestlers's move-sets, either the story-advancing wrestler or the challenging-opponent performs a move upon the other combatant.

In addition, using PowerPoint's blink animation, it is actually possible to layer multiple control-wheels atop each other, with different timings, as well as to link any additional wheels's wedges to new locations in the game's code.

That being said, please pick the better of the two control-schemes.  

If you need any more information, I shall answer up to an additional three questions, to the best of my mere human ability.

Chat GPT:
Both control schemes have their own advantages and disadvantages. Here are some factors you may want to consider before choosing the control scheme for your wrestling-weapon-system:

One-to-one basis: This control scheme provides more predictable gameplay for players, as they can plan their attacks and defense strategies more easily. However, the gameplay may become repetitive over time, and players may get bored with the same set of moves.

Random generation: This control scheme adds more variety to the gameplay, as players don't know what moves they'll get each time they touch a wedge. However, it may also lead to frustration for players who don't get the desired moves or feel like they don't have control over the outcome.

Based on these factors, I would suggest going with the one-to-one basis control scheme for your wrestling-weapon-system. It provides more predictability and allows players to strategize better, which is important in a fighting game. However, you may also consider adding some level of randomness by creating multiple sets of moves for each weapon and alternating between them in a sequential order. This can provide some variety without making the gameplay too unpredictable.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

JadeJohnson:
Alright: let me give a little more information from a development standpoint.

When you point to a wedge, depending on the previously discussed timing, whichever move was triggered by the cursor plays out, after which another control-wheel shows up.  Currently, we're not using the Blink-layering system, except for pin-cancels and standing knockouts.  However, the pin-memory is also used for making the referee count faster or skip from one-to-two, two-to-three, one-to-three, or either-one-or-two-to-an-immediate-pinfall.  The standing KO only utilises one wedge, however, all of the other eleven code-slots in that wheel are still present: they haven't been deleted.  

The only issue is that said latter wheel is only on screen for 0.03 seconds during the fourth and final blood-frame of a standing punch by either combatant.  We, the development-team, that is, need to leave that wheel alone.

Now: going back to your idea of creating multiple move-sets for each weapon, should I make it so that each weapon has its own dedicated wheel, or should there instead be multiple layered wheels, each featuring one move for each of up to six different weapons?

My problem with the first method would be that players might move their cursors too quickly for all of the possible move-sets to appear, even if the cycling was set to one refresh per 0.1 seconds, the lowest value PowerPoint accepts.

On the other hand, having multiple weapons per wheel could limit the amount of variety per match, based on the fact that in our field beta-tests, players would move their cursors to a wedge in no more than 0.1 seconds.  

Based upon my feedback, which layering-mapping should we use?

Chat GPT:
Based on the information you provided, it sounds like having a dedicated wheel for each weapon might be the better option. This way, players can focus on the specific moves and strategies associated with each weapon. Additionally, it allows for more variety in matches, as each weapon will have its own unique set of moves.

However, to avoid the issue of players moving their cursors too quickly, you could potentially slow down the rotation speed of the weapon wheels, or increase the refresh rate of the wedges to ensure that players have enough time to choose their desired move. Another option could be to limit the number of wedges on each weapon wheel to only the most essential moves, ensuring that players have a more streamlined set of options to choose from.

Ultimately, the best option will depend on the specific design and mechanics of your game, as well as player feedback and testing.

JadeJohnson:
Well, regardless of player feedback for the moment, PowerPoint's refresh-rate for the Blink animation, as I previously stated, cannot surpass 0.1 seconds per wheel.  Furthermore, the code-layout is already set in stone, so we shan't change it now.  I guess what I'm trying to say is:

"Which mapping yields more overall moves per 0.1 seconds?"

Chat GPT:
Based on the information you have provided, the second mapping with multiple weapons per wheel would yield more overall moves per 0.1 seconds. This is because the first mapping with each weapon having its own dedicated wheel would require the player to cycle through multiple wheels to access all the available moves, which would take more time and reduce the number of moves per second.

In contrast, having multiple weapons per wheel would allow the player to quickly access a variety of moves for each weapon without needing to switch between different wheels. This would increase the overall number of moves that can be performed in a given time period, making the gameplay more dynamic and engaging for the player.

JadeJohnson:
 love it!  Thank you, Chat GPT; you solve my game-development problem!  I'm so glad I can count on you for such advanced mathematical calculations!  I'll go with the second one!  

Now, I've got to go to bed, so I'll chat with you the next time I require assistance; goodnight.

Chat GPT:
You're welcome! I'm glad that I could help. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns. Have a good night!

Jarek likes this post

Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:34 am
Exactly the experience I had with my Sudoku. 

How can you NOT love ChatGPT!

JadeJohnsonIndustries™
JadeJohnsonIndustries™
PPT Master
PPT Master
Location : I can presently be found at my current interdimensional coordinates.
https://gamejolt.com/@JadeJohnsonIndustries/games

Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:06 pm
Jarek wrote:Exactly the experience I had with my Sudoku. 

How can you NOT love ChatGPT!
So true!  If someone doesn't; well, I'd highly dislike to be them.
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:56 am
I signed up to ChatGPT last night. You are right, it's amazing.

My son bought my wife and I and Amazon Echo thingy each for Christmas so I often ask 'Alexa' the odd question or two which is often more convenient than Googling.

ChatGPT however is on an entirely different level. The answers are so detailed! I'll have to work out some PPT questions to ask when I get the chance.

Thank you for introducing me to this incredible resource.

Jarek likes this post

!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w
!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:13 am
I had a tunnel-vision mindset and it never dawned on me until I read this thread that I could just ask ChatGPT to teach me VBA. Super silly!
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:54 am
I found out that ChatGPT's answers are not subject to copyright restrictions. I get quite a few spam emails asking if I'm willing to publish other people's blog posts on my websites. I suspect that a lot of these posts are obtained from ChatGPT.

BTW...How did I find out that ChatGPT's answers are not copyrighted? - I asked ChatGPT.

I wonder how many kids are using it to do their homework for them!
!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w
!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:45 pm
johnr wrote:I found out that ChatGPT's answers are not subject to copyright restrictions. I get quite a few spam emails asking if I'm willing to publish other people's blog posts on my websites. I suspect that a lot of these posts are obtained from ChatGPT.

BTW...How did I find out that ChatGPT's answers are not copyrighted? - I asked ChatGPT.

I wonder how many kids are using it to do their homework for them!

Population : everyone SUDOKU on PowerPoint - by ChatGPT 1f602
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:55 pm
There's a bigger issue with ChatGPT.  It is a large language module meaning it was developed primarly to communicate and respond in a way identical to that of a human. It's core area of expertise is defined and expressed by it's linguistic and communication skills. Additionally, this model has access to the contents of the internet with a cutoff point dating 2021, giving it immense and at the same time questionable knowledge because based solely on the contents of the internet. Not to mention the 2021-2023 gap.

When you chat with ChatGPT the super smooth language model, indistinguishable from a human, makes you believe the answers are unmistakenbly true. Yet it has been proven that Chat also gives wrong answers or simply makes up answers which have nothing to do with facts or reality - and can stand firm defending them. I too encounterd this when writing my Sudoku program. At times it was a nightmare with Chat's "Oh, I am so sorry for not noticing that you asked specifically for Powerpoint VBA. I have, admittedly, used VB.net and Excel code which don't work in Powerpoint. The following code has been corrected. Sorry for any inconvenience". Then Chat rewrites that part of the code and adds more subsequent errors. But if not checked upon I would swear on my mother's grave it looked legit and should have worked.

Taking this into account I warn you from relying too heavily on Chat's answers. It might mean that Chat's answers can - in fact - be copyrighted or its VBA tutorials can be mixed up with whatever that Chat will seamlessly fuse together into a very convincing reply.

On the other hand ask Chat to write a poem, a short essay, a bedtime story or anything linguistic that comes to your mind. It comes through with flying colors! The bedtime story bit in particular can be used by parents who want a break from the tedious reading of same bedtime stories to their children. They could simply ask them what kind of a story they want, how many and who the characters are (names for instance) and some other details and then feed it to Chat. Immediately the story unfolds and the parents have to just read out loud what Chat wrote. I suppose it would super engage children because they would participate in the making of their own unique story! And imagine this: a new story every day... or a never ending sequel...

SUDOKU on PowerPoint - by ChatGPT 1f604 SUDOKU on PowerPoint - by ChatGPT 1f609
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:20 am
I just asked it to write a poem about making a game on PPT. This is what it came up with. The metre is a bit iffy in places, and not sure I agree with the line "Creating games is a task that's truly effortless" but I'll cut it some slack as all this came out in about 10 seconds.

I open up PowerPoint with a grin,
A game in mind, ready to begin,
The slides are blank, but full of possibility,
A canvas waiting for my creativity.

I sketch out the rules, the pieces, the board,
Creating a world that's both fun and adored,
Each slide is crafted with care and precision,
An interactive experience, a new vision.

I add in sound effects, music, and animations,
Creating a game that's full of sensations,
With every click and every slide,
A new adventure, a new surprise.

The coding may be simpler than most,
But the game is a hit, it's worth the boast,
For with PowerPoint, the possibilities are endless,
Creating games is a task that's truly effortless.

So here I am, my game complete,
A masterpiece, my victory sweet,
For I have created a game on PowerPoint,
A world of fun, a game to be shown.

You will notice that the last two lines don't rhyme so... Here's a little competition...write a new last line for this poem.

So here I am, my game complete,
A masterpiece, my victory sweet,
For I have created a game on PowerPoint,
WRITE A FINAL LINE TO GO HERE
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:05 am
How about the 2 last lines:

Time to take action, I end my narrative
Have a go at my games at PowerPoint Creative

Last edited by Jarek on Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:14 am
Last line only and sticking with PPC:

At PowerPoint Creative where our efforts are joint*

-------------
*with the help of ChatGPT
 SUDOKU on PowerPoint - by ChatGPT 1f602

BTW - I really DO like the poem ('nuff said)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum