Go down
trgriffith
trgriffith
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator

Another Jeopardy Question Empty Another Jeopardy Question

Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:21 pm
How do I add a video question?

I tried but when I modify the slide to show a video and then click the square for that question nothing happens.
JadeJohnsonGames
JadeJohnsonGames
PPT Master
PPT Master
Location : The World Of Whichever Game Engine I'm Developing At The Time
http://fbenson.webs.com

Another Jeopardy Question Empty Re: Another Jeopardy Question

Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:34 pm
It's crazy, but when done correctly, it works and is how I made the intro to "GIGA STREET FIGHTER II":

1. Record the video yourself with a low to moderate quality camera other than a screen recorder or webcam (max is probably somewhere around 480p).

2. Use FormatFactory (be sure to choose "Click here" and disable the installation of the addons [and don't install the picture tools either]!) to convert the video feed to an animated GIF.

3. Then use FormatFactory aGain to convert the same original video to audio, being sure to make it a WAV file.

4. Increasse the audio volume if needed in audacity, ensuring that no changes are made to its playback position or length AT ALL!

5. Set the background to the GIF that you just created of the video, and put the audio in the slide transition slot.

6. Add any desired music to that slide with "Insert>Audio>From A File" (PPT2016 Required).

7. Be sure that the button that links to that slide accesses it via a custom show and not just a hyperlink.

And BOOM!  You've got yourself a VIDEO SLIDE! 

(Method ©️2016 "JadeJohnson Industries™️" - Some Rights Reserved!  [Creative Commons])
rusnakcreative
rusnakcreative
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.rusnakcreative.com

Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:30 am
trgriffith wrote:How do I add a video question?

I tried but when I modify the slide to show a video and then click the square for that question nothing happens.

trgriffith,

You should be able to add a video to the question slide itself with relatively no issues to the game. If you are still having issues, I would recommend adding a new slide with your video. Then, I would add a link from the question slide to your new video slide. Don't forget to add a Back button on your video slide! Hope that helps!
rusnakcreative
rusnakcreative
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.rusnakcreative.com

Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:35 am
JadeJohnsonGames wrote:It's crazy, but when done correctly, it works and is how I made the intro to "GIGA STREET FIGHTER II":

1. Record the video yourself with a low to moderate quality camera other than a screen recorder or webcam (max is probably somewhere around 480p).

2. Use FormatFactory (be sure to choose "Click here" and disable the installation of the addons [and don't install the picture tools either]!) to convert the video feed to an animated GIF.

3. Then use FormatFactory aGain to convert the same original video to audio, being sure to make it a WAV file.

4. Increasse the audio volume if needed in audacity, ensuring that no changes are made to its playback position or length AT ALL!

5. Set the background to the GIF that you just created of the video, and put the audio in the slide transition slot.

6. Add any desired music to that slide with "Insert>Audio>From A File" (PPT2016 Required).

7. Be sure that the button that links to that slide accesses it via a custom show and not just a hyperlink.

And BOOM!  You've got yourself a VIDEO SLIDE! 

(Method ©️2016 "JadeJohnson Industries™️" - Some Rights Reserved!  [Creative Commons])

I know you're trying to help Jade, but please don't reply an answer to the Bug Reporting/Troubleshooting forum unless it's a question about one of the games you made. Thank you.
trgriffith
trgriffith
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator

Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:30 am
I just turned the daily doubles off and inserted the video into the slide, then brought it up on layer at a time until it was behind the question, then made the question a space. That made it work just fine.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum