PowerPoint Creative
PowerPoint Creative

Go down
DJ-Sammy
DJ-Sammy
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator

Multiple triggered animations help? (Basically looking for a 'cheat' way) Empty Multiple triggered animations help? (Basically looking for a 'cheat' way)

Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:15 pm
Hi guys, I'm building a new powerpoint game. Each of the main game slides has 50+ animations that all need their own trigger.

Essentially it boils down to:

Animation 1 triggers on click of box 1,
Animation 2 triggers on click of box 2,
Animation 3 triggers on click of box 3,

and so on for all 50+ animations per slide.

Essentially I'm wondering if there is a shortcut to assign each animation to its trigger in a sort of "All at once automatically", kind of cheat thing.

Is this possible or is the only way to do it manually? I'm starting to regret starting this project now as programming it manually is taking too long  Laughing Laughing Laughing (Yes I know, I am a little bit lazy)

Thanks guys
rusnakcreative
rusnakcreative
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.rusnakcreative.com

Multiple triggered animations help? (Basically looking for a 'cheat' way) Empty Re: Multiple triggered animations help? (Basically looking for a 'cheat' way)

Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:12 pm
I believe as long as you have all the shapes involved for the animation (one button, animated object, etc) selected, you can copy/paste that set again and it should retain the trigger for the new shape. It has been a while since I’ve animated with triggers, but John should be able to help you out!
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

Multiple triggered animations help? (Basically looking for a 'cheat' way) Empty Re: Multiple triggered animations help? (Basically looking for a 'cheat' way)

Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:28 pm
As rusnakcreative says, you may be able to copy/paste what you've already got. Another possible route is to get one object animated, double-click on 'Animation Painter' and click on all the other objects (you'll see a little brush icon). This could work if everything needs the same animation. You'll still need to allocate their triggers though. Giving them a number or name in the Selection Pane can help here.

If you can post what you've got, with an idea of how things should work, I could have a look. (I'm away from 19 - 23 Aug though).
ListWits
ListWits
Featured Creator
Featured Creator
http://dasaintfan1.wixsite.com/listwits

Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:02 pm
CTRL-D for your copy/paste should be the one that HOLDS the trigger regardless of the shape.  (if i'm reading the post right).

[] = square one -  Triggers animation1

CTRL-D:  resuilts in: 
[] = Square two - Holds the trigger animations from Animation1

CTRl-C - results in
[] = Square box:   DOES NOT hold any of the triggers or animations.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum