PowerPoint Creative
PowerPoint Creative

Go down
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

THE WRAITH OF THE WOODS (Horror puzzle game) Empty THE WRAITH OF THE WOODS (Horror puzzle game)

Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:20 am
I made this for a 'Game Jam' with a theme of horror / hunting. I think the games are mixed media and not necessarily PowerPoint. I haven't posted it to the game jam yet because I want to see what other games are submitted (there are none at time of posting this).

Here are some screenshots of the game. Links to download it are below.

This is a puzzle game where you have to get people across a bridge, as per the instructions below, before the Wraith of the Woods gets to it.

THE WRAITH OF THE WOODS (Horror puzzle game) 2020-03-29

THE WRAITH OF THE WOODS (Horror puzzle game) 2020-03-29-1

THE WRAITH OF THE WOODS (Horror puzzle game) 2020-03-29-2

PPTX:  The Wraith of the Woods

Grateful for any feedback / comments etc.

Last edited by johnr on Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated links to download the game)
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

THE WRAITH OF THE WOODS (Horror puzzle game) Empty Re: THE WRAITH OF THE WOODS (Horror puzzle game)

Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:03 am
Did it today. Very nice and - actually - exciting! 

I remembered a math quizz question of a similar kind. Pure math solving. 

I passed your bridge on my third attempt in round 1 and it was not a fair try.  I was already aware of the possible solution.

I'd wager you got the timings OK. When I stalled too long analysing I'd loose. I tried again with the same sequence of moves but had to move much quicker with goose bumps on my back from the horrifying sound of the Wraith and the squeeking shoes. Perfectly chosen sounds. And the satisfying axe chop at the end. Then I did it again knowing the solution - there was more than ample time in which to do it. 

Pros:
1. The concept, graphics & sounds, the aura of the game;
2. The simplicity of the challenge and the difficulty associated with it;
3. You took math to another level! In the form of this game it became 100-fold more interesting and exciting to test! I'm amazed with how it evokes the imagination. You did math at its best, John.

Cons:
Once you win you probably won't play the game anymore. 

Idea 1:
A Game Pack of different short puzzle games based on math problems? I could look for some. You could then decide whether they would fit your PPT game concept. Already something coming to mind.

Idea 2:
I feel really sorry for all the effort that goes into designing and programming such a wonderful game and then after only a few minutes of gameplay - in case of quick wins - it can become superfluous. To get more out of an exisiting design & layout maybe provoke a second (third, etc) attempt? Each consecutive try would be tougher with a changed sequence / solution / timings / etc?
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

THE WRAITH OF THE WOODS (Horror puzzle game) Empty Re: THE WRAITH OF THE WOODS (Horror puzzle game)

Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:31 am
Math problem 1:
-------------------
You have 8 identical looking pool balls.
One of the balls is different in that it's either lighter or heavier than the rest.
Your job is to determine which one is it and whether it's lighter or heavier.
The difficulty:
You can do it with only 3 weighings (or less) on a two-sided scale - the type where you weigh the pool balls against each other using both sides of the scale. 

Can a simulation be done in PPT?
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:51 pm
Thanks for this.

I've had a look on You Tube and found similar puzzles although they are nearly all about 9 balls (sometimes 12) and the task is to find the one that is heavier.

Once I know the solution, making something on PPT to demonstrate the solution may not be too difficult to do as an animation. I imagine it would look something like a You Tube video.

Making an interactive game will be something else again however! All I've got at the moment is an image of 8 people in a slimming club!

Can you PM me with the solution please and I'll see if there is a different angle I can take for it - and if you have any of your own ideas - I'm all ears!
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:06 am
Math problem 2
------------------------
Situation:
You’re by a water source (lake, river, tap) with 2 containers: 5 litres and 3 litres.

Objective:
To measure off exactly 4 litres. 
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:35 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE!!

Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:04 pm
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum