PowerPoint Creative
PowerPoint Creative

Go down
creativeedtech
creativeedtech
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator

World War 1 Game - "Race Across No Man's Land" Empty World War 1 Game - "Race Across No Man's Land"

Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:00 am
Hi all, 

my name is Ryan O'Donnell and I am new to this community. I am a high school teacher in California and have loved using PowerPoint review games for every unit I teach. 

I have been using this pandemic summer to work on a WW1 themed game which I am posting here and would love any feedback. 
Here is the link to the game

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SF6CigweEV6hfnOw30Zc4mL92eXS2ueH/view?usp=sharing
You'll notice there are incomplete slides as well which I am still working on. 

I still need to put together a "Directions" document as there is a fair amount instructions for teachers. 

I have been looking through ideas and posts here and on YouTube to help me with my mini-games (called "CHALLENGES" in the game). These are
Memory game
Word Jumble
Minefield 

Thanks for any feedback

JadeJohnsonIndustries™ likes this post

johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

World War 1 Game - "Race Across No Man's Land" Empty Re: World War 1 Game - "Race Across No Man's Land"

Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:21 am
Hello Ryan. Welcome to the forum!

Thank you so much for sharing this. My word! There is so much here! It's incredibly comprehensive and covers a huge amount of historical content as well as a lot of games and questions.

One minor thing is that the link to get to the instructions, actually takes you to the game board.

Nevertheless, a mammoth and magnificent body of work. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

P.S. Are you looking for any more ideas for mini-games or questions etc - or have you got enough?

creativeedtech
creativeedtech
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator

World War 1 Game - "Race Across No Man's Land" Empty Re: World War 1 Game - "Race Across No Man's Land"

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:38 pm
Thanks John,

I will fix that link. 

As for the mini games, I kind of wanted one more style of game so yes, ideas would be welcome. 
One potential was a maze style game. I started one about trying to land your plane while avoiding obstacles but wasn't sure how to make it a competition i.e. is it timed? is it who could do it with least amount of falling off the path? etc
Here is a first draft which I am not crazy about 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tSmIez9jD3O7-xRdd00jYqmcn1qZk3LY/view?usp=sharing
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:26 am
Hi Ryan (again!)

I think i saw the airplane landing maze game in the set of slides for the WW1 game.

Can I just ask, who controls the cursor with these games? I ask because a maze game like the airplane landing needs one person to move the cursor.

Have you thought about a shooting game as another mini game - like a sniper - or shooting down the Red Baron?
creativeedtech
creativeedtech
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator

Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:23 pm
I do like the idea of a simple "shoot down the Red Baron" game but need it to be a short 2 person kind of game and don't have an idea of what to do
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:15 pm
What about an adaptation of 'Shoot the Spaceships' which is relatively simple.

Replace the spaceships with 3 - 4 German aircraft, with the Red Baron being the most difficult to shoot down (extra points?).

I'm sure you could come up with a great background and expand on the mechanics if you need to.

You can see the tutorial here: SHOOTING GAME

Your game actually inspired me to have a go at a WW1 dogfight game, so I made a start on one. It may end up as an animation if I can't turn it into a game.

Early days yet, and lots to do (like find a better steering wheel!). Here's a screenshot:

World War 1 Game - "Race Across No Man's Land" 2020-07-04

difrefr
difrefr
I'm New to PPC!
I'm New to PPC!

Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:28 pm
What an amazing game! I really enjoyed it

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum