PowerPoint Creative
PowerPoint Creative

Go down
JadeJohnsonIndustries™
JadeJohnsonIndustries™
PPT Master
PPT Master
Location : I can presently be found at my current interdimensional coordinates.
https://gamejolt.com/@JadeJohnsonIndustries/games

JadeOme — The World's Very First Ever PowerPoint 3D First-Person Fighting-Game: Directly-Based On My Earlier-Posted 3D-Scene Tutorial Empty JadeOme — The World's Very First Ever PowerPoint 3D First-Person Fighting-Game: Directly-Based On My Earlier-Posted 3D-Scene Tutorial

Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:48 pm
Remember that 3D-scene-panning video I made showing how to use my "Snowglobe Stage Engine™" to enable PowerPoint-users to look-around a 3D-rendered environment? 
https://powerpointcreative.forumotion.com/t555-how-to-build-3d-scenes-inside-of-which-you-can-pan-around-with-powerpoint

Welp, I've officially used the original 3D vista I showed-off in that video, plus a ton of hyperlinks and PowerPoint-rendered animated-gifs, to build a full-3D, first-person fighting-game that plays like a cross between Tecmo®'s "Dead Or Alive™"-series, and both Nintendo®'s "Mike Tyson's Punch-Out™" and "Super Smash Brothers™"-franchises!

Because this game is rendered in proper 3D, you will need at-least an entry-level gaming-graphics-chip, such as the NVidia® MX-150™, or faster, to properly run this game at or above the frame-rates you see on its website.

Please enjoy, and as always, "Happy Jading!™"

You can get the game here, just click on its title beneath the video to go to its main home-page:
https://gamejolt.com/p/jadeome-is-finally-out-in-the-wild-we-hope-you-enjoy-the-world-s-h2b55vuc

Game Description:

Bop-Bop-Bop, Bop To The Top!

(Or more accurately, to the outside!)
Inspired by both Nintendo®'s "Super Smash Brothers™" series, and their NES-debuted "Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" franchise, "JadeOme™" sees players take-on the role of the game's lead-developer, "JadeJohnson", as they work to help him open-hand-slap the character he created, "Annabel Wilson" (or just "Annie"), away from the grassy center of the ring, and into the ooey-gooey mud on its outside.
Please keep in mind, though, that this is just a friendly competition, so even though either fighter can sink completely under the surface of the mud, let's just assume they're both wearing ear- and nose-plugs so that they always survive when that occurs. This also means that there is no intergender-abuse going on here either; thank you very much.

Game Features:

• Three Gameplay-Settings:

♦ Select Your Style: Determines whether fighters can move in four or eight directions.
♦ Show The Control-Guide: If enabled, displays the respective Play-Style's input-guide for seven seconds before the next set of options is presented.
♦ Load In From The: Lets players choose the cardinal-direction they wish to face when loaded-into the stage at the start of each match.

Controls:

• All you'll need to do is try to memorize the Control-Grid and point the cursor accordingly when it's your turn to move. Alternatively, you can just rapidly move the cursor diagonally across your screen and hope it touches any of the either-four-or-eight navigation-points that are available at any given time.
♥ Both fighters start perfectly between the center and the outside of the ring, in the third navigation-cell.
♦ With each successful bop you deliver, you knock Annie one cell closer to the mud.
♠ But with each bop Annie deals, you're knocked a cell closer to the center instead.
♣ Your objective each match is to push Annie out of the ring and into the ooey-gooey mud outside of it! But be careful: if you take enough hits, you could get flung across the other side of the ring and into the mud yourself!

Please enjoy, and as always, "Happy Jading!™"

johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

JadeOme — The World's Very First Ever PowerPoint 3D First-Person Fighting-Game: Directly-Based On My Earlier-Posted 3D-Scene Tutorial Empty Re: JadeOme — The World's Very First Ever PowerPoint 3D First-Person Fighting-Game: Directly-Based On My Earlier-Posted 3D-Scene Tutorial

Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:10 am
Jade...For the most part I enjoyed playing this. I was relieved to see that this was a game that I could actually win or lose (not a feature in some of your early games).

I really liked the rendition of the 3D head that I was fighting against and the slapping hands were effective.

There were some elements that gave me some cause for concern and a modicum of confusion.

- I didn't really understand the relevance of all the colours in the Control Guide. I suspect that one or two colours were placed where a transparent mouse-over on the fighting slide would hyperlink to a slap animation on a new slide. I had no idea what colours would do this so the suggestion to memorise the Control Guide was moot.

- I also didn't really understand the instructions about the fighters moving in 4 or 8 directions when all the action takes place in the centre of the slide. If you are referring to the 3D background shifting around, then I don't think that makes any difference to the gameplay. (I might have got the wrong end of the stick here if it means something else, but I couldn't notice any difference between 4 or 8 apart from seeing 4 or 8 options for the 'Load in from' slide (see next point)

- Same thing as above applies to the 'Load in from..' instructions. I didn't notice how choosing West, South or Northwest, Southeast made any difference to the core game.

- The file size - 670 MB! (I get the jitters when a game of mine goes over 30!). The music and voice-overs must add quite a bit to the file size and are not to my taste I'm afraid. I accept that others might be ok with them though. I would also ask if the 3D background was really necessary for this game? 

For me, the lesson here is once again to keep it simple. You have a good entertaining central game that's distracted from by the (apparently) unnecessary addition of the 'Style' and 'Load in' options and maybe even the 3D background. You don't have to add this type of thing just because you can. You add this type of thing when it helps to make the game work better.

As a last thought, are you sure this game wasn't really inspired by Will Smith and Chris Rock!!
JadeJohnsonIndustries™
JadeJohnsonIndustries™
PPT Master
PPT Master
Location : I can presently be found at my current interdimensional coordinates.
https://gamejolt.com/@JadeJohnsonIndustries/games

JadeOme — The World's Very First Ever PowerPoint 3D First-Person Fighting-Game: Directly-Based On My Earlier-Posted 3D-Scene Tutorial Empty Re: JadeOme — The World's Very First Ever PowerPoint 3D First-Person Fighting-Game: Directly-Based On My Earlier-Posted 3D-Scene Tutorial

Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:00 pm
Each colour on the control-guide represents which direction you are facing when you're in that cell of the map.

You may be a bit confused in that you said that all the action takes place in the center of the slide: You start two cells away from the center, and your goal is to prevent yourself from getting flung into the true center and into the mud beyond the other side.

The four-or-eight directions did, indeed affect the stage itself, and had the arena appeared more varied in structure, it would've been far more obvious to tell a difference.  I'm actually thinking of an update that would redesign the stage and only count the knocking-out of your opponent as a win if they landed on their own side.

The file-size can be reduced, for sure.  And, no, it's actually the number of 3D-slides that take-up the most space, not the audio.  PowerPoint has an unsightly storage-miscreation in which adding copies of an item across multiple slides, literally deep-clones that item into the file aGain, instead of linking to the original first occurrence of that asset; even though, if you rename the PowerPoint to a Zip and look inside "PPT > Media", there is only a single instance of most of a file's materials.  You'll have to ask Microsoft® about that one.

I learned about that problem from Ramgopal of PresentationProCess.

Anyway, compressing the audio, in this case, wouldn't do but for about fourty to fifty megabytes, which wouldn't be a huge chonk out of that over-six-hundred.

As for the "Load-In From The"-setting, I just wanted to make it feel like one of those retrofuturistic online-games of yesteryear; and aGain, that feature would've been much-more valid if I'd added a landing-point faulting-system.  Your feedback is helpful, and shall definitely be applied if I make a sequel.  I don't think I will though, in all honesty, as the 3D-rendering-engine was probably more of an "absolute nightmare" for which to develop than one of CAPCOM®'s "Street Fighter II"-artistes proclaimed the debugging-ProCess for "Mega-Man: The Wily Wars" to have been!

Latter Info Source:
https://youtu.be/KkaR8ZaObO0?t=732

Finally, as for the inspiration, I'm not big on following Pop Culture, so I'm afraid I don't quite get that reference.

Oh!  And one more thing: I believe it was you who said that "Wrestle Camp" could be won too-easily?  If so, you'll be elated to know that I'm actually re-writing the "Giga Street Fighter II"-engine, a prototype off of which WC was based, to enable the player to simply move the mouse around and spontaneously perform moves on or have them counter-dealt by their opponent, and decisive moments shall from-here-on-out only happen when relevant, and entirely-randomly, too!  The only controls during a match shall now be to move your cursor vigourously, as the moves are performed based on where their invisible-moving-targets are located at any given point in time!  Although this won't happen to either WC1 and GSF II themselves, as they've reached their end-of-"JadeJohnson Games™"-support; it, will, be used in "Bebe's Art Studio"'s Dojo Mode!  I hope you'll give it a try when it's ready.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum