PowerPoint Creative
PowerPoint Creative

Go down
Houtarou Oreki
Houtarou Oreki
PPT Creator
PPT Creator

What instructions should be given for a macro enabled ppts Empty What instructions should be given for a macro enabled ppts

Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:01 pm
Hello.
I am participating on a game jam and im going to submit my 'Lost' game . It is a macro enabled ppt. So for other people's downloads , which instructions should i give to them to run the game properly on their pc (i.e what instructions should be given to enable macro in their pcs)?
Please respond me before 19th june  Very Happy
Houtarou Oreki
Houtarou Oreki
PPT Creator
PPT Creator

What instructions should be given for a macro enabled ppts Empty Re: What instructions should be given for a macro enabled ppts

Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:02 pm
Also im posting the updated version of the 'Lost' game . It is updated by all your suggestions. So keep an eye out for that Wink
GamesByTim
GamesByTim
Featured Creator
Featured Creator
https://www.gamesbytim.com/

What instructions should be given for a macro enabled ppts Empty Re: What instructions should be given for a macro enabled ppts

Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:07 pm
Have a look at my PowerPoint macro checker tutorial, which notifies users if macros are disabled in the slide show.

That pop-up likely saved me from hundreds of support requests due to disabled macros.
Houtarou Oreki
Houtarou Oreki
PPT Creator
PPT Creator

Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:58 pm
Games by Tim, It is very good for checking if macros are enabled.i might add it to my game . But if macros is disabled and people dont know how to enable it , which set of instructions should i give to them . My Instructions Construction is pretty weak , hence i asked  Embarassed

Actually , i just scrolled down in help center and found that you have alredy posted about this topic.I have that same problem.
GamesByTim
GamesByTim
Featured Creator
Featured Creator
https://www.gamesbytim.com/

Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:14 am
The easiest way is to link to Microsoft's instructions.

Windows instructions
Mac instructions
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:17 am
When you submit a game to the Game Jam there is a box for you to insert any download instructions if needed. You could warn people here that the game needs to have macros enabled. You might even be able to add a screenshot of what people will see.

(I've got some games in the Sci-Fi jam)
Houtarou Oreki
Houtarou Oreki
PPT Creator
PPT Creator

Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:09 am
oh .Its a nice idea to show screen shots of enabling macro instructions before game starts
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum