PowerPoint Creative

Go down
hheydinger
hheydinger
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator

Import Wheel of Fortune puzzles Empty Import Wheel of Fortune puzzles

Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:11 pm
I need to prep 3 - 4 "episodes" of Rusnak's Wheel of Fortune game that I'm doing for a charity fundraiser. I find it fairly easy to list all of the puzzles in an Excel sheet where I can reorder them and exchange them between "episodes".  I'd like to run a macro to simply import the puzzle text from the worksheet and populate the various puzzle slides.  Unfortunately, all of the VBA is password protected. 
Any help is much appreciated.
GamesByTim
GamesByTim
Featured Creator
Featured Creator
https://www.gamesbytim.com/

Import Wheel of Fortune puzzles Empty Re: Import Wheel of Fortune puzzles

Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:19 pm
I'll let Mike answer this question as you're looking for advice on his template.

But just in case, it is possible to use my template in a way that allows for multiple "episodes," because you can load puzzles in any order, and the template can store limitless puzzles. Although it does not use Excel, the recently-added Puzzle Scribe feature can populate puzzles to the board via a text field to streamline the creation process.

In addition, my template is not password protected, so you can make edits to the VBA should you so please. I don't recommend it since it's spaghetti code at this point, but you seem to know what you're doing.
hheydinger
hheydinger
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator

Import Wheel of Fortune puzzles Empty WoF v6.3 Pwd Protection

Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:06 pm
When I go to Developer mode and click on the VBA project, it immediately asks for a password.
Regarding the episodes, I just think it will be easier for me to manage since I will also be entering separate player names (once I get that part added).
hheydinger
hheydinger
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator

Import Wheel of Fortune puzzles Empty Reply to Tim

Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:08 pm
I used your code (modified a bit) for the puzzle analysis, a great idea. But I did that code in Excel where I'm storing, managing the puzzle text.  If you like, I can send that Excel sheet.
GamesByTim
GamesByTim
Featured Creator
Featured Creator
https://www.gamesbytim.com/

Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:39 pm
hheydinger wrote:I used your code (modified a bit) for the puzzle analysis, a great idea. But I did that code in Excel where I'm storing, managing the puzzle text.  If you like, I can send that Excel sheet.

That'd be great! I'm trying to learn how to apply macros in Excel, so this would be great reference.
hheydinger
hheydinger
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator

Import Wheel of Fortune puzzles Empty Reply to Tim

Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:08 pm
Tim - Send me contact info and I can send you my Excel file for WoF puzzles & analysis VBA.
edit4ever
edit4ever
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator

Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:45 pm
This would be worth sharing with all - as I was looking to create something similar for Family Feud.
rusnakcreative
rusnakcreative
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.rusnakcreative.com

Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:00 pm
Shocked How did I miss this thread?!?

Apologies hheydinger! If you get this message and still need my help, feel free to send me a message through this forum or via my Contact Me form from my site.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum