PowerPoint Creative
PowerPoint Creative

Go down
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

SECOND PPC CHALLENGE : 'International PowerPoint Creativity Day'!! Empty SECOND PPC CHALLENGE : 'International PowerPoint Creativity Day'!!

Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:23 pm
As we are heading into a festive season for some people, there are a lot of greetings cards and messages being exchanged in many different ways. This challenge is about producing something on PowerPoint that could be used as a form of greetings card for the (currently) fictitious occasion of: 'INTERNATIONAL POWERPOINT CREATIVITY DAY' which will be celebrated on 16th August each year (the day on which this forum was launched).

Your creation can be a one or two page game or animation that could be sent as a slide show via e-mail etc, or some artwork that could be printed and posted. Whatever you do, make sure it represents and celebrates the creativity that can be achieved with PowerPoint.

Here are the rules:

1. The 'something' on PowerPoint can be a game, animation or artwork and must be made on PowerPoint with easily accessible resources and features.
2. It should be made on no more that two pages / slides
3. It must be posted to this Challenges and Contests forum, not the Games, Animation or Artwork forums. (See the READ ME on how to post games etc)
4. It should be an original work, produced between now and the closing date
5. It can be as simple or complex as you like, but there is a time limit
6. The closing date for posting is 15 January 2018 (I'm willing to negotiate slightly on this)
7. PPC Admin staff and Featured Members are eligible to participate in this challenge
8. This is not a competition. There are no prizes, but you might get praise and constructive feedback from staff or other members

See the 'Challenges & contests FAQs' for more information on what these are about.

Feel free to practice anything shown in the forum tutorials that you haven't tried before.

As this is only the second PPC Challenge I'll be grateful for any comments or feedback that might help with future ones - and please get back to me if you have any questions.

GOOD LUCK! - Really looking forward to seeing how you can rise to this challenge!
rusnakcreative
rusnakcreative
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.rusnakcreative.com

SECOND PPC CHALLENGE : 'International PowerPoint Creativity Day'!! Empty Re: SECOND PPC CHALLENGE : 'International PowerPoint Creativity Day'!!

Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:28 pm
Made this before the deadline, phew!

I believe this one satisfies both the second and third into one file. Download here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hPQ82XbMIaBCFM4-Mz7ZMT4tDe_aS1rL
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

SECOND PPC CHALLENGE : 'International PowerPoint Creativity Day'!! Empty Re: SECOND PPC CHALLENGE : 'International PowerPoint Creativity Day'!!

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:07 am
It does indeed satisfy both!

I particularly liked your use of the exit animation to hide the revolving circles until they were properly in motion. (I used the 3 - 2 -1 countdown to allow this time and then got a big covering rectangle to dissolve out at the end of the countdown)

I've got something almost ready for the joint challenge - needs a little more work though.

Edit: Whoops! Just realised that I made a teeny weeny mistakette with the deadline dates - I said the 8th Jan for the third challenge (the same deadline as the second challenge) when in fact the deadline for the second challenge is 15 Jan. Duh!

So....it's still open for another week if anyone else wants to try.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum