PowerPoint Creative
PowerPoint Creative

Go down
ListWits
ListWits
Featured Creator
Featured Creator
http://dasaintfan1.wixsite.com/listwits

Okay.. here's another British one :)  Pointless Empty Okay.. here's another British one :) Pointless

Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:22 pm
As I said, i haven't prettied these up, so this one is extremely plain in it's appearance... and I could actually use some help on the VBA coding (will be at the bottom of this post) for one of the animation issues:

Note this is NOT a skeleton file (it's a pre-loaded game), as to produce the text file with the questions, answers, and scores has to be in a specific directory, so I thought I'd share one I just used not too long ago.   I will put up a variation later (on this thread) in which you can use your own text file to produce a game with full instructions for that.

Okay.. here's another British one :)  Pointless E12des

Gameshow Screen (I only used one question/answer reveal).   You'll see 7 questions to a given topic, each question has a point value based on how many people got the question correct on a quiz (I have a few web sites that keep correct percentages for quizzes)

One flaw this game has is, that every so often when the slide is started, it wont' show all 100 of the counter boxes, so I press "reset the counter" before I even start to reload the bar.

Screen 1 will show the topic and then you press the White Question buttons to show each question (and press it again to remove it - This is to prevent googlers from seeing the questions while other players are playing)

Okay.. here's another British one :)  Pointless Eapmr7

So if you had chosen Question 3 - the correct answer is revealed, the animation column on the right will start shrinking based on the actual percentage ...

Okay.. here's another British one :)  Pointless 1ebceg

41% of the people who answered this question, answered it correctly, so 41 of the boxes on the left remain... then the numeric value is revealed.

Okay.. here's another British one :)  Pointless 29oibsl

After the numeric number is revealed, click on the number space to remove it, and then hit the "Reset the Counter" to reload the counter-bar to the full 100.

Note:   This is one of those games I currently have to manually keep score of (again, as I said, the screen is getting heavily loaded, so I was running out of room for a score board.  (although I'm considering re-adding it some point, such as I can probably chop the counter boxes down by a fourth in height to put them in a single column (and it's likely to be done)

Now for the part I could use help on:    Right now in PPT animation via VBA i can only seem to program the tiles on the right to erase up instead of down to make them look like a single bar reducing...  If i were to manually do the animations it'd kill me (and believe me the early version had that in it...took me a while to learn how to do the animations for this one..):   

Here's the programming for adding the animations, and I'm hoping someone could tell me what i did wrong in setting the direction: (it simply ignores the direction function on the wipe effect).

Code:
   With ActivePresentation.Slides(SldNo)
    Set objShape1 = .Shapes("Answer" & Ans)   'One of the 7 answers
        With .TimeLine.InteractiveSequences

Set ObjSequence = .Add(1)
            With ObjSequence

For Counter = 100 To DownCount + 1 Step -1
'This is the segment that should remove each rectangle from Rectangle 100 to Rectangle Correct Number + 1
'so if it the score was 42, it only removes 100 to 43.

Set objShape3 = ActivePresentation.Slides(SldNo).Shapes("Rectangle " & Counter)
             Set ObjEffect1 = .AddEffect(Shape:=objShape3, _
                effectId:=msoAnimEffectWipe, _
                trigger:=msoAnimTriggerAfterPrevious)
             With ObjEffect1
                .EffectParameters.Direction = msoAnimDirectionDown
                .Exit = msoTrue
             End With
            ObjEffect1.Timing.TriggerShape = objShape1
          Next Counter

'This removes the Answer Shape after clicking the answer shape (and after the rectangles are removed)          
          Set ObjEffect1 = .AddEffect(Shape:=objShape1, _
                                           effectId:=msoAnimEffectWipe, _
                                           trigger:=msoAnimTriggerAfterPrevious)
          With ObjEffect1
            .EffectParameters.Direction = msoAnimDirectionDown
            .Exit = msoTrue
          End With
             ObjEffect1.Timing.TriggerShape = objShape1

End With

End With

End With      

Again, It's not in kiosk mode (although it's a little closer to being kiosk-able, but I'm holding off on that until i figure out this bug with the animations), and I will put the skeleton file version up later (along with the text file, but if you read the VBA fill-board function, the file layout isn't that difficult to determine.)

harveymd01 likes this post

johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

Okay.. here's another British one :)  Pointless Empty Re: Okay.. here's another British one :) Pointless

Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:28 am
I'm not a VBAer, but I can offer a possible non-VBA option:
- Draw a rectangle to cover all the tiles you need
- Hit 'Format Shape > Fill > Slide background fill (as long as you have the background formatted as a picture)
- Animate entrance to Wipe down - possibly triggered by some other object or however you want.

This may not be of any use to you at all, but offered just in case.

P.S. I  I love you Slide background fill! (I only discovered it a few months ago and now use it a lot).

P.P.S I'd love to hear more about your broadcasting - can I play?!
ListWits
ListWits
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Okay.. here's another British one :)  Pointless Empty Re: Okay.. here's another British one :) Pointless

Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:48 pm
The only catch with that john is a dont think i can do a stop on a single shape at a midpoint of a wipe/fill.. So i cant differentiate a stop at say 75% vs say a 13% answer
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:57 pm
I had a go at this as an example of what I meant. I doubt that it will fit the bill for your game - but it was fun having a go...https://1drv.ms/p/s!ApWzyYF91ItIlxyG1hAd50ydY1Mx . It won't work directly from PowerPoint Online (what does?!) so after downloading and in 'Show' mode, click on the Q3 button to reveal the correct answer, then again to see the the counters tumble and the number revealed. 'Reset the counter' should work too.

The falling rectangles 'Wipe' down with 'Slide background fill'. Unfortunately they look like rectangles wiping down rather than the counters disappearing one by one - which is the problem at the moment I think. (My question though is..are your playing public likely to notice the difference - and does it affect playability anyway?) Just a thought.
ListWits
ListWits
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:02 pm
it does what I'm looking for, John (it basically runs the timer downwards), but then I'd have to add up to 28 more animated objects (7 if I start combining all the counters into a single column.. 1 wipe box for each question), and they'd have to be positioned by me instead of letting the computer do the work and determining where to stop on the rectangle-fill.

(can't believe i forgot about Powerpoint Presentation Online... brain spasm!)

I almost forgot to answer your PPS question John...  (and I haven't forgotten your PM either Rusnak!). I run two broadcasts on restream (so you can catch it on Twitch, YouTube, Mixer and Stream.Me) (and yes, anyone is invited.. Thursday at 5:30 PM CST (11:30 PM Greenwich time) it's typically limited to 4-letter word puzzles and lists.    And on Saturdays usually starting at 5:30 CST/11:30 Greenwich time, is the bigger show, where I do 4-letter words, lists, and usually 1 or 2 of the game shows (with small and large prizes on both nights - I've got somewhere around 11 packages that I still have to ship to Australia to the US to Canada to the UK right now.)
rusnakcreative
rusnakcreative
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.rusnakcreative.com

Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:33 pm
I skimmed through the code, didn't see anything that looks wrong. (Then again, I'm not used to using VBA with animations, that's still an area I can improve!)

ListWits, any possibility the shape(s) may be rotated 180, or upside down?
ListWits
ListWits
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:03 am
Animations in code are fairly easy rusnak.. You just have to remember to use a lot of withs and dont cross the streams...err with groupings. The worst ive had to deal with is the main timeline... There actually has to be one precreated animation for vbs to add any new ones or i get a error... Dont knoe why since i can add triggered animations with no problems. But its easy enough to pick one object to auto appear on a slideshow starting with no delay.

And i will have to check to see if i flipped those rectangles
ListWits
ListWits
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:38 am
Holy mackerel.. I think i found my issue. On a different mini game... Apparently order of some of the vba effects matter!

Yes i am still here..just been really busy with r/l... So that crossword game is still coming...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum