PowerPoint Creative
PowerPoint Creative

Go down
ListWits
ListWits
Featured Creator
Featured Creator
http://dasaintfan1.wixsite.com/listwits

Okay, i've been promising this for a bit... Empty Okay, i've been promising this for a bit...

Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:06 pm
And it's neither American or British.    No believe it or not, it's one of Japan's oldest trivia game shows (been running since about 1975?), and it doesn't depend on people doing really stupid stuff......

it's PANEL QUIZ ATTACK 25.

Okay, i've been promising this for a bit... 243p08o

The rules of the game are ironically rather complex and simple at the same time.      Imagine playing the game of Othello (no, it's not Reversi Razz ), with 4 players and trivia questions!   This is one reason a lot of the controls have to be done manually, although I tried to automate as many as I could.

The game starts with square #13.. no ifs, ands, or buts.     4 players see a trivia question, and the player who gets it right, gets to turn the square 13 to their color.    But if you get it wrong, you're locked out of this question AND the next question.    If you miss, any other player can try to answer it, and so on.   (so it's possible to lock 3 players out on a single question, leaving the next question for 1 player only.).

All players not locked out of the next question repeat the process, and whoever gets the next question right gets to choose what number box they want to turn on two conditions:   

1)   The box you choose must touch the colored box, either on the side or on a corner, so whoever gets Q2 must choose box 7,8,9,12, 14, 17, 18, 19   After that, the box you choose will vary based on what's been chosen already.

2)   If you can capture one or more boxes with a placed box via the rules of Othello, you MUST capture a box.    To capture a box, you simply have to have a single color token on each side of a row, column, or diagonal, IF and only if there is a single color between your two pieces.    IF there are multiple colors between your two end pieces, you cannot capture the line.

so if box 12 was white, box 13 was red, and box 14 was green... and green captures 11, he doesn't get 12/13... but if 12 and 13 were both red, green would get 11,12,13, and 14.

Okay, i've been promising this for a bit... Huk6m9

To turn a box (which is the manual part, due to the multi-color rule), you have to click the name of the player who got the question and enter each box you want to turn, and input the box number... (I'd love to computerize that, but I honestly am not sure it can be done with that rule in place).

Okay, i've been promising this for a bit... 2mzbpy1

After all the appropriate boxes are turned, you go to the next question.. but you can only answer the question if your light is on (the small circles).  If you're locked out, the light will be off and you can't answer the question.   Again, if you get the question wrong, you get locked out for the remainder of this question and the NEXT question, after you're unlocked your light will come back on.  (this was indeed computerized, it's one of the last thing I got working).

The process continues until we get 19 questions correct (originally it was "until the 19th question is answered", but I was doing some test runs, and I hit a problem that I completely missed earlier.    If players 1,2, and 3 miss a question, player 4 gets it right.. but only player 4 gets to guess the next question.  If they got that question wrong, nobody gets to answer that question, which threw off my question count.

Okay, i've been promising this for a bit... 2pyuyo6
Panel Attack Strike!

Once we get 19 questions correct and 19 boxes turned, we come to question 20, or the "Panel Quiz Attack" question.    We reveal the question as normal, but whomever gets that question right gets to remove the color of any box of one of their opponents.. (so Red could remove a white, green, or blue box, blue - w/g/r, etc.) and it goes back to "open", which means it can help turn other boxes on one of the next questions.

Okay, i've been promising this for a bit... Id6qgp
And there goes Box 17!!!   Someone trying to find a way to Moe off the board!

After the 20th question is correctly answered (so if everyone misses, panel attack keeps playing), we go back to the standard box-fill/Othello set up until all the boxes are filled.    After all boxes are filled, the player who gets the most colored boxes wins the game.

If there's a tie (possible, but I've never had it happen).. 1 toss-up question to win the game.

I used to have the bonus game for this... where whoever won, had all their colored boxes removed from the board to reveal part of a picture, and then they had to answer 3 questions about the picture, but I eventually removed that out, due to the fact that the question load had to change to cover the issue of 'missed' questions.

The Samurai is just kinda there to be the host , although he just kinda stands there and doesn't do much... and I might do some board cleanup, but other than that I don't know if there's anything I can really add graphically to make this more eye-appealing.
Mephisto
Mephisto
I'm New to PPC!
I'm New to PPC!

Okay, i've been promising this for a bit... Empty Link

Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:04 pm
I know this game and it's quite popular in my class. Any chance of a link?

Cheers Very Happy
ListWits
ListWits
Featured Creator
Featured Creator
http://dasaintfan1.wixsite.com/listwits

Okay, i've been promising this for a bit... Empty Re: Okay, i've been promising this for a bit...

Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:48 am
Not yet Mephisto... I will see what i can do to produce a linkable version though...
Mephisto
Mephisto
I'm New to PPC!
I'm New to PPC!

Okay, i've been promising this for a bit... Empty Re: Okay, i've been promising this for a bit...

Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:15 pm
Okay, thanks!
rusnakcreative
rusnakcreative
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.rusnakcreative.com

Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:33 pm
Mephisto, List Wits' games are presented during his live streaming games which he runs himself, so there was no need for him to have the games designed in a way that's easy for anyone to pick up. He has dozens upon dozens games that I'm sure he would like to redesign them all eventually, but I would expect it going to take quite a bit of time to tackle all that, but I'm sure if you ask him nicely with some ice cream, he could move this one up to the top of the to do list Smile
Mephisto
Mephisto
I'm New to PPC!
I'm New to PPC!

Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:22 pm
Here's hoping!
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum