PowerPoint Creative
PowerPoint Creative

Go down
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

BATTLESHIP - A one-player version of Battleships Empty BATTLESHIP - A one-player version of Battleships

Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:47 am
Not made public yet.

Made as a one-player game, I'm sure some rules could be made for two or more players sharing a mouse.

There are 12 playing screens, each one selected at random from the 'Play' button near the start.

I've added an optional challenge of trying to sink all the ships with no more than 25 misses.

Comments and feedback welcome.

You can download from here: BATTLESHIP

Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

BATTLESHIP - A one-player version of Battleships Empty Re: BATTLESHIP - A one-player version of Battleships

Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:56 am
As usual John - bravo!
I just can't stop thinking how would PPT gaming change if there was some way - through a 3rd party add-in or something on the server side - to allow simultaneous play over the internet. Maybe a whiteboard/sandbox of sorts where you could launch a Powerpoint file for joint participation?
Cool
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

BATTLESHIP - A one-player version of Battleships Empty Re: BATTLESHIP - A one-player version of Battleships

Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:36 am
Thank you Jarek, and WELCOME BACK!!

There is a process for sharing and collaborating on PPT projects on 365 but I don't know how that might work for games.

I'm going to be away for the weekend so will check out the new games you've submitted when I get back.

Jarek likes this post

rusnakcreative
rusnakcreative
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.rusnakcreative.com

Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:58 pm
Jarek wrote:As usual John - bravo!
I just can't stop thinking how would PPT gaming change if there was some way - through a 3rd party add-in or something on the server side - to allow simultaneous play over the internet. Maybe a whiteboard/sandbox of sorts where you could launch a Powerpoint file for joint participation?
Cool

I think the easiest thing to do is to have 2 separate files, one for each player. Have each player set up their ships on the board. Then, conduct a zoom meeting or phone call or whatever, and play that way. You would each keep track of your own boards with the markers. You could share each others screens when you're all done. I think you could also allow the other person to control your mouse via zoom, which could be useful if both players need to click something in the game, but could be tedious switching between players.
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:29 am
I think the easiest thing to do is to have 2 separate files, one for each player. Have each player set up their ships on the board. Then, conduct a zoom meeting or phone call or whatever, and play that way. You would each keep track of your own boards with the markers. You could share each others screens when you're all done.

I did a 2-player game as one of my very early games where this approach could work (made well before Zoom days!).

Players drag & drop their ships in 'Presentation' mode, then play in 'Show' mode and shout their coordinates across the table or airwaves.  Battleships

This 'Battleship' (singular) game posted here is made for a single player though where it's you vs PowerPoint.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum