Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Registering clicks Empty Registering clicks

Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:45 am
Hi!
Imagine this PPT situation:

Registering clicks Prezen10

Let's say the idea is to click each of the red dots. You can do it in any order as long as - at some point - all have been clicked.
Is there a way to register that all dots have been clicked? 
Thnx for any suggestions.
GamesByTim
GamesByTim
Featured Creator
Featured Creator
https://www.gamesbytim.com/

Registering clicks Empty Re: Registering clicks

Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:56 pm
Without VBA
You have the object you want visible when all dots are clicked, hidden by 9 shapes stacked on top of each other. Clicking each dot runs a trigger to remove one of those stacked shapes.

With VBA
Clicking each dot runs a macro that changes the color of that dot. The macro also checks if all the dots are of the "clicked" color and does something if that's the case.
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:01 pm
I would say the same as Tim's non-VBA suggestion.

With the example you've shown, it looks like 9 black shapes would do it.

If you had a background that was a more complex picture or gradient, you could use 'Slide background fill' for the 9 shapes.
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:27 am
Thanks guys.
I'll experiment following your advice with the non-VBA version.
I will, however, have to adjust it for the last click - whichever dot that would be - to make it complete the level and move the player to the next slide. Hope that's feasible.
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:16 am
You could have another dot, or an arrow or something, hidden by the 9 shapes which is only revealed when the last of the 9 dots is clicked. This would be the link to the next slide.

If you want one of the dots themselves to be the link you could:
- make all dots link to the next game
- have 8 layers of 9 transparent shields covering each dot
- have one full layer disappear when any shield over a dot is clicked (do the animations for one full layer then copy / paste for the rest)
- with the 8th layer gone, clicking on any dot will be the link

(This may or may not work depending on how the game is to be played).
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:17 am
Great!
I'll start on that.
Thanks to you John and your inspiration with the challenge you announced before my camper spree (I presume there were not enough entries to follow through) I'm working on a cog wheels & rolling background MiniGame.
Cheers!
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:21 am
You're welcome.

I withdrew the last challenge as there were no entries - but don't let that stop you making / submitting any more of your MiniGames.

Looking forward to seeing the 9 dot game.

(Hope you enjoyed your camper spree!)
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:25 am
It'll be more than a 9 dot game - rest assured.

The camper spree was a new thing for us. We really enjoyed it to the extent, that we're seriously thinking about making (not buying - too expensive) our own CamperVan. Freedom, seclusion, independence, travel and sightseeing. If interested, I can PM you a couple of photos from our trip.
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:29 am
Sure thing - thanks!
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:14 am
Here is a MiniGame using the 9 dot solutions you gave me earlier. It's still work in progress so I'll delete it later on and upload the final product with more levels. It uses the Cog Wheels, Rolling Backgrounds and Triggers tutorials I came to know through your site. Download

PowerPoint has this trait - unwanted by me in action games - that if you hold the cursor still, any moving objects intended to react through the hover function will not react. However, in this game I strongly urge to use this trait to your advantage. Usually considered as a hindrance in action games for PowerPoint, holding the cursor still now becomes an intended part of the tactics.

@johnr
This version of the game specially for you John - no moving objects - just so if you might want to only try out the 9 dots working Very Happy Download
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:18 am
Yay!! I tried the 9 dots and found that PowerPoint knew when I had clicked the last dot - whichever one it was. It can only be magic!! Wink 

I also tried the moving version - it's certainly a challenge!

Some thoughts (offered as this is 'work in progress'):
- Can the click on 'Got It' take you to a safe starting point, a 'safe zone'. Sometimes I was out of the game before I'd really started.
- Is there any way that once you have clicked a yellow dot, it stays clicked? It's very easy to go out, and starting from scratch every time made it a bit daunting.
- What about having the centre cross static to relieve some of the pressure (this could be the landing/safe zone) so the first yellow dot is easy.
- Maybe slow the movement of the crosses down a little. I could only move the cursor a couple of millimeters at a time and my thoughts were that I'd never be able to get to the finish (and I didn't).

Have you been able to complete this game yourself?

Once again the minimalist graphics work well and the whole movement is quite relaxing to watch even if you don't play!
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:54 am
Thanks for your comments John.
I'll certainly look into all your ideas.
I can pass all levels on my own - there are 6 of them and you've seen 2 -  but that is after countless trials to adjust speed and movement of objects. That being said I presume no one else will want to play a game which needs several attempts to pass a screen, especially if all you do is click on dots! Very Happy
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:02 am
Following your advice these are some of the changes I made:
- You should start in a safe zone on most occasions. Don't move until the initial animations complete.
- On 'dot' levels 4 & 5 you have to start from scratch each time, on level 6 the yellow dots stay clicked.
- Instead of a static cross you can now move your cursor to a desired location where you can step onto a cross. 
- The movement is substantially slower.

The MiniGame8-OXO is in the Games Section.

I still have an issue with level 6 - it's got a time limit plus the dots stay clicked plus on clicking the last dot you finish the level. Sometimes it works on the first approach but sometimes the automatic transfer on clicking the last dot works only on the second and consecutive retries of the level. I can't figure out what's happening.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum