Go down
AlphaCatalyst
AlphaCatalyst
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator

Greetings and Salutations Empty Greetings and Salutations

Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:23 pm
Greetings and Salutations everyone:

I first staterd using Powerpoint when I worked in an office. I was asked to make a Monthly newsletter letting everyone know about what was happening in the office. At first I used Word but wanted to make it more fun, something people would actually look forward too. So I made a power point presenttion. It was pretty simple, had a title page with links to a different page with different info like, coming events, monthly birthdays, Things to know. I even made a fun and game section with funny photos or a name that movie game where you could click and see the answer, as I said pretty basic. Then one month I was looking for a way to make a more in depth game and came across a space shooter type game, I don't remeber where and it blew my mind. I repurposed it for the newsletter and was an instant hit. I knew I had to try my own hand at it and started on a Pirate themed game. It had muplitple leavels First you had to Aviod Shark infested waters (if the mouse hit a shark you lost) and click on an island that appeared as the ship moved from left to right on a scrolling screen. Then you had to fighht a battle to land with a tower on the island that shot cannon balls at you. (Again if they hit the mouse you lost) You had to click on the tower 25 times and every 5 times the tower slowly crumbled. There were also ships attacking, click on the ship and it got rid of it and some of the cannon fire. Then you had to navigate a fortress where it was a maze, keep your mouse within the walls while avoiding rival pirates (touch the wall or pirate you lose) and reach the stirway. once in the final room you once again had to naviagte a labrynth without touching the wall but there were also hidden pitfalls that if you took the wrong path you lost. there was a way to see them at the begining of the room but it only flashed for a moment and the disappeared so you had to remeber where the pit falls were. Once I made that I was hooked trying to make other games, I made a Galaga type game where Aliens would fly all over the creeen and you had to shoot them all in a time limit. 
I also made a version of Duck Hunt. Which you can see here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsloWMV9mWo

I also started to work on a role playing game but hva e not worked on it in a few years. had a full storyline and Assests from Final fantasy. The story was about a coup on a kingdom where the princess escapes with her best friend and his father and they have to try and get an army from other countries so they can get back the kingdom but the other countries are not big fans of them. I even made a battle system to dodge attacks and counter to win. Needless to say the file is pretty big. 

Found this site and has reawoken in me wanting to keep making again. I even have started teaching my 13 year old son the basics of making games. Maybe I'll upload some of my games.

johnr likes this post

johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

Greetings and Salutations Empty Re: Greetings and Salutations

Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:58 am
Hello Alpha Catalyst and welcome to the forum!!

So glad that we have sparked your enthusiasm again! Your games sound brilliant and it would be great if you could share them with us.

Like you, I started working on PowerPoint at work, making short, interactive e-learning packages which evolved into making games. One of my earliest games was a space shooter too, made on PowerPoint 2003. It would be interesting to compare it with yours. This was my one: SHOOT THE SPACESHIPS

Anyway...welcome again and please let us see some of your work - and maybe your son's a little way down the line! (There are some tutorials here that might be useful for him).
AlphaCatalyst
AlphaCatalyst
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator

Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:03 pm
Thanks For the Welcome

What is the best method to upload a PPT file for others to look at it?
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:12 pm
Go to the 'Games' section. At the top you will see the 'Read me' on how to share games.

Unfortunately they can't be uploaded directly, but they can be shared by a link to files saved in something like Dropbox or MS One Drive.
AlphaCatalyst
AlphaCatalyst
Aspiring PPT Creator
Aspiring PPT Creator

Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:56 pm
Hope That Worked.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum