PowerPoint Creative
PowerPoint Creative

Go down
!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w
!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Maze - Avoid The Dark : Your somewhat typical ppt maze game Empty Avoid The Dark : Your somewhat typical ppt maze game

Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:39 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Maze - Avoid The Dark : Your somewhat typical ppt maze game Suisei3thingsoriginal.jpg

After the community of PPC's devastatingly spectacular reaction of my first game, I have finally returned with a prototype of my new game based on the generic maze game that plagued the ppt-game-creator community. As johnr said a while back, "They were all maze games, but each had a different approach."

This game's concept was pre-conceived as early as 2018, it was much more unforgivingly difficult than this prototype and was littered with unnecessary contents (which of course, I had a good laugh playing them with some of my IRL friends). Which is why I was reluctant on sharing them here in my first time joining the forum, but I think I'm finally ready to present it to everyone.

Is it a good enough concept? Would the effort be worth it to delve deeper and expand upon this concept? I still have some tricks up my sleeve I hadn't yet shown in this concept, but as it currently stands, I think it already previews the kind of game I wanted to create nicely.

Your critiques are appreciated, what you like, or dislike about the game. Thanks.

Download link
!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w
!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Maze - Avoid The Dark : Your somewhat typical ppt maze game Empty Re: Avoid The Dark : Your somewhat typical ppt maze game

Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:39 am
Of course, I always bury my own thread with my response to other's thread. Sorry but bump, oof.
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

Maze - Avoid The Dark : Your somewhat typical ppt maze game Empty Re: Avoid The Dark : Your somewhat typical ppt maze game

Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:09 am
Just played it and it works pretty well!

I liked the spinning arrows acting as bridges. They added movement and interest and a way to up the level of difficulty by having more of them. I thought at first that they were revolving too fast, but they were ok to cross when I got the timing right as they slowed toward the end of their spin.

There was the option on slide 5 to go up or straight across the first spinning bridge. I went straight across at first and got stuck, so I had to go back.

I'd like to see how this progresses. One thing I find with maze games is that if they are too difficult I just give up and don't go back. I'm probably not alone with this, so maybe something for you to think about if you are going to add the things that you have up your sleeve at the moment.

Keep up the good work!

P.S. I've just bumped up your Reputation score for sharing your games and thoughts.

Last edited by johnr on Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added the P.S.)

!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w likes this post

Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:16 am
Love it!
I appreciate the effort you have put into the graphics and timing of events; I find your maze challenging yet admissible. Had to reduce substantially my mouse sensitivity!
Sorry for coming in so late - I don't visit PPC as often as I would like to.
Still have to try out your earlier game you mention.
I tried it before but wasn't sure if I was playing it right.
Couldn't get past stage 2...

!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum