PowerPoint Creative
PowerPoint Creative

Go down
Diéresis
Diéresis
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

game - Slip-O-Mania, PowerPoint game for December 2022 Empty Slip-O-Mania, PowerPoint game for December 2022

Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:17 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hello people from PowerPoint Creative, I have arrived here with this post to showcase the eighth PowerPoint game I have developed with my friends. We present you Slip-O-Mania, released this 23rd day of December.

game - Slip-O-Mania, PowerPoint game for December 2022 Cresba10

Game

game - Slip-O-Mania, PowerPoint game for December 2022 Cresba11

Basics

In each of the 5 levels, Lavanda the seal, the protagonist, will slip and move by herself in the course. What you have to do in these moving-scenery levels is to jump, by clicking on the seal, to catch the fish that float and move along with the scenery. Catching the fish allows you to pass through the icy peaks (and a few loops) in the scenery, so it gets to a failed level screen if you miss the fish. Jumping to catch the fish requires some preciseness, you can't jump too early or late since you are gonna miss them. A level is over when the seal enters an igloo for a shelter.

Take note that you are only able to jump when you are getting closer to fish or obstacles.

Obstacles

• Polar bears: Dodge them by jumping over them. They have a little buzz-like sound to alert you.
  • Pufferfish: Avoid jumping to catch them, these poison the seal. You can differentiate them from normal fish by their circular, larger shape and darker, more grayish colors.

Levels

game - Slip-O-Mania, PowerPoint game for December 2022 Cresba13
  • Level 1 is simple and short, it only gets you to catch fish.
  • Level 2 introduces polar bears and the first loop appears.
  • Level 3 doesn't introduce anything new, it just gets you to catch fish and dodge a couple polar bears.
  • Level 4 introduces pufferfish.
  • Level 5 is the last level, it doesn't introduce anything new as well, just gets you to catch fish and deal with obstacles.

Ending (SPOILERS)

It's night time and Lavanda can be seen standing next to an igloo. The ending message reads that the seal came out of the levels in one piece and with her stomach full.

Now that I'm done explaining the game, here's the link to download it: https://estudioskotsbek.github.io/juegos-en-powerpoint/resbalaman%C3%ADa/

Any review or tip on this game will be appreciated! As for now, have a good day, afternoon or night!  Very Happy 
Oh, and see you in 2023 as we are bringing more games this upcoming year!
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

game - Slip-O-Mania, PowerPoint game for December 2022 Empty Re: Slip-O-Mania, PowerPoint game for December 2022

Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:09 am
Once again Diéresis, the graphics and concept are fantastic.

Once again however, I have the problem that it plays too quickly for me. I could not get past level 1. After 6 or 7 attempts I caught the first fish twice and the second fish not at all. If the fish moved a little slower I'm sure I could progress to play the other levels.

It will be interesting to see if anyone else has a similar problem. It might just be my slow reactions!

Last edited by johnr on Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Diéresis likes this post

Diéresis
Diéresis
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

game - Slip-O-Mania, PowerPoint game for December 2022 Empty Re: Slip-O-Mania, PowerPoint game for December 2022

Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:28 am
johnr wrote:Once again Diéresis, the graphics and concept are fantastic.

Once again however, I have the problem that it plays too quickly for me. I could not get past level 1. After 6 or 7 attempts I caught the first fish twice and the second fish not at all. If the fish moved a little slower I'm sure I could progress to play the other levels.

It will be interesting to see if anyone else has a similar problem. I might just be my slow reactions!

Thanks for the review, John! We will take that into consideration and try to make more games without a lot of requirement for fast reactions.
matto
matto
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:04 am
It's a really cool game, but I couldn't get past the first level...  game - Slip-O-Mania, PowerPoint game for December 2022 1f602 

On a development note, I think this game would look even more impressive with parallax scrolling backgrounds.  Razz

Diéresis likes this post

Diéresis
Diéresis
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:26 pm
matto wrote:It's a really cool game, but I couldn't get past the first level...  game - Slip-O-Mania, PowerPoint game for December 2022 1f602 

On a development note, I think this game would look even more impressive with parallax scrolling backgrounds.  Razz

Thanks for your comment, Matto!
matto
matto
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:31 pm
Do you know what I mean when I say parallax scrolling? (I was kind of vague...)

Make the mountains in the background scroll to the right (just like the foreground graphics), but make the mountains in the background scroll at a slower speed than the foreground graphics. 

Then you will get the sonic the hedgehog effect. 

game - Slip-O-Mania, PowerPoint game for December 2022 11180433533_b8db3d3e7c_o

Diéresis likes this post

matto
matto
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:28 pm
This is two-layer parallax scrolling.

This is me being funny.

Diéresis likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum