PowerPoint Creative
PowerPoint Creative

Go down
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

THE RE-BIRTH OF THE PPC CHALLENGES! - Challenge number 9 - TRIGGER HAPPY! Empty THE RE-BIRTH OF THE PPC CHALLENGES! - Challenge number 9 - TRIGGER HAPPY!

Fri May 22, 2020 3:53 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Here is a brand new challenge for any member to rise to.

The challenge is called TRIGGER HAPPY (Considering how there has been a lot of discussion on triggers lately)

The challenge is: MAKE A GAME OR INTERACTIVE ANIMATION THAT INVOLVES AT LEAST 10 TRIGGERS

Here are the rules:

1. The work must be made in PowerPoint (any version) with assets from sources available in PowerPoint (Shapes / Icons / 'Bing' pictures etc)
2. It must be posted to this Challenges and Contests forum, not the Games, Animation or Artwork forums. (See the READ ME on how to post games etc)
4. It should be an original work, or works, produced between now and the closing date (more than one piece of work can be submitted)
5. It can be as simple or complex as you like, but there is a time limit
6. The closing date for posting is 22 June 2020 (I'm willing to negotiate slightly on this)
7. PPC Admin staff and Featured Members are eligible to participate in this challenge
8. The prizes are: 5 Reputation points for each entry plus 10 reputation points for the one piece of work that the Admins consider to have the most merit (Admins are not eligible for any of these points)
9. The Admins will judge against whatever criteria they think fit, adjust the rules slightly if the situation demands - and their judgement is final.
10. Take the challenge seriously - but not too seriously. 

See the 'Challenges & contests FAQs' for more information on what these are about.

Feel free to practice anything else shown in the forum tutorials that you haven't tried before.

Please get back to me if you have any questions.

GOOD LUCK! - Really looking forward to seeing how you can rise to this challenge!
Houtarou Oreki
Houtarou Oreki
PPT Creator
PPT Creator

THE RE-BIRTH OF THE PPC CHALLENGES! - Challenge number 9 - TRIGGER HAPPY! Empty Re: THE RE-BIRTH OF THE PPC CHALLENGES! - Challenge number 9 - TRIGGER HAPPY!

Sat May 23, 2020 1:15 am
Do you mean at least 10 triggers in whole game , or in each slide?
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

THE RE-BIRTH OF THE PPC CHALLENGES! - Challenge number 9 - TRIGGER HAPPY! Empty Re: THE RE-BIRTH OF THE PPC CHALLENGES! - Challenge number 9 - TRIGGER HAPPY!

Sat May 23, 2020 3:23 am
I was thinking of 10 triggers on one slide, but you can spread them over several slides if you want. (A link to a new slide does not count as a trigger of course).
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:22 am
Here's my entry. It's a cut-down version of roulette.

I think it just about beats the '10 Triggers' requirement. There are 413 of them!

I have uploaded it to my website already as a new 'Lockdown' game. I've been making and posting more games lately to help people beat the boredom (a little bit at least). Google Analytics has shown quite a jump in users in recent weeks.

You can download PPSX and PPTX versions from here: POWERPOINTGAMES.UK
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:35 am
Hello people!

Can anyone tell me if they are planning to enter a piece of work for this challenge?

There's still plenty of time.
Houtarou Oreki
Houtarou Oreki
PPT Creator
PPT Creator

Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:37 am
Im working on one. But Oh My Gosh !!! i cant beat you john !!!!! affraid
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:47 am
Great to hear that you are working on something!

I'm sure you could beat me on some levels. It's not about the quantity of triggers, it's about the quality of the game and its originality / creativity / amount of fun / scariness - whatever!

...And for anyone who is new to PPT, it's about having a go - lots of kudos for that!
Houtarou Oreki
Houtarou Oreki
PPT Creator
PPT Creator

Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:27 am
Here is my submission, finally !! Sorry for being late because it could have been done sooner ; but of course i distracted from it many times Laughing

The game is called as 'Crack the code'
You have to crack the code i.e number password based on the hints which will be given according to your each input.
Also , it has unlimited attempts .
Actually , when i was close to finish the game , i came to realise that it was way similar to mastermind . So ...... will it be considered as a submission ??
Believe me it wasn't intensional.
Anyways....
Enjoy the game!! Very Happy

Download link-
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-rsFjIXlFgOA4nA-_1KEG5uDmH85aUZ-/view?usp=sharing
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:34 am
Thank you very much for submitting this game. Of course it will be considered as a submission and you are not late at all.

There will be no feedback from the judges until after the submission deadline although anyone else can comment if they wish.

Thanks again.
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:31 pm
Great Game!
I'm impressed - couldn't have done it myself!
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:16 am
Here is my Trigger Challenge submission - four Mini Games.

Rather then calling them 'games' I'd much rather want to call them an 'insight' or 'inspiration' to the possibilities PowerPoint - and especially triggers - can offer. Despite the very limiting gaming possibilities of PowerPoint, it is really up to the imagination and creativity of the programmer how he/she decides to use what is. I hope to inspire some of you creative people out there Smile

Why four games? Making one inspired me to make the next! Hence, they have a lot in common:
- they all are mind games requiring some analysis and logic
- they all use the same 5x5 square board (except MiniGame2 - The Maze, which quickly goes to full screen)
- they all are about clicking your way through

Why Mini?
- MINImal ascetic graphics - including icons - made with PowerPoint only
- MINImum time needed to play a game Smile

I can imagine these games being built up to become much bigger pieces of gaming scope with elaborate trap doors, venecian walk-throughs and teleport pads giving the player an additional experience.

MiniGame1 - The Spinner
THE RE-BIRTH OF THE PPC CHALLENGES! - Challenge number 9 - TRIGGER HAPPY! Miniga10

MiniGame2 - The Maze
THE RE-BIRTH OF THE PPC CHALLENGES! - Challenge number 9 - TRIGGER HAPPY! Miniga12

MiniGame3 - The Maze2
THE RE-BIRTH OF THE PPC CHALLENGES! - Challenge number 9 - TRIGGER HAPPY! Miniga13

MiniGame4 - The Stepping Stones
THE RE-BIRTH OF THE PPC CHALLENGES! - Challenge number 9 - TRIGGER HAPPY! Miniga14

Last edited by Yahretzky on Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:58 am; edited 4 times in total
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:24 am
Many thanks for the submission Yahretzky.

As I mentioned to Aditya, the judges won't comment until after the deadline - but anyone else is welcome to.
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:27 am
Hi Yahretzky - there is a problem accessing these game - I can only request access. It is not immediate - anything you can do?
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:33 am
Yeah I noticed. My bad.
The problem should be fixed now.
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:44 am
Almost!!

Game 1 is a link to a picture file.

Game 4 is another link to Maze 2

And...could you make the links to the PPTX files so that we can view the animation pane and the triggers used please?

(My fault - I should have said that in the rules).
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:48 am
Working on it
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:54 am
How's now?
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:59 am
Perfect! Thank you!!
Houtarou Oreki
Houtarou Oreki
PPT Creator
PPT Creator

Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:36 am
Do i have to do that too?
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:53 am
I'm not sure how, but I got your game to download as a PPTX file. I could see the Animation Pane, but the game didn't work exactly like the PPSX version.

I looks like you made it on PPT for Mac - is that right? It's odd because I didn't think that PPT for Mac had triggers!

If you don't mind, I think making your PPTX file available for download would be useful.

Thanks.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum