PowerPoint Creative
PowerPoint Creative

Go down
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Fractals in Powerpoint - NO VBA! Empty Fractals in Powerpoint - NO VBA!

Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:02 am
Hypela's link to the YouTube video inspired me to take my own shot at fractals in Powerpoint. After downloading the file and then running it - for best results - this is what you have to remember:
  • don't click the largest or very large objects unless you want to move to the next slide
  • don't click objects out of focus unless you want to move to the next slide
  • click sharply defined small or very small objects or when the cursor changed shape indicating the object is clickable
  • click only after an animation has finished
  • you can also move to the next slide by clicking the very top of the left or right screen corner. Usually works.
  • ofter an X amount of iterations the background can turn white. If you don't want white as the background color click objects that lie on a different colored background and subsequently click your way to another background color
  • if clicked out of a slide you can always return by right-clicking the new slide and selecting 'previous' or something like that

Enjoy!

Fractals in Powerpoint - NO VBA! 111

Download .ppsx file.

My personal favorite is the "Cauliflower" slide 6. If interested, I can show how to make your own fractals - it's real easy. Or simply watch the video that I (Hypela) linked.

EDIT: Now you simply run the slideshow and don't have to worry about wrong clicking. Click wherever you want. To move to the next slide click the top-right screen corner. To return to the previous slide click the top-left screen corner.

Last edited by Jarek on Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed mechanics of running the slideshow)

johnr likes this post

johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

Fractals in Powerpoint - NO VBA! Empty Re: Fractals in Powerpoint - NO VBA!

Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:25 am
Wow! I didn't think it would be too long before you had a go a making fractals - right up your street!!

They are fabulous!

If possible, a quick tutorial would be really useful. I would imagine that many visitors to the forum will be keen to have a go (including me) without necessarily going through the video.

Edit: I suppose that these won't work in Kiosk mode (?) but could you have an arrow or icon to click on to move to another slide?
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:21 pm
Sure thing. 1 quick tutorial coming up.
Kiosk mode : it works on the given slide  but I can't find a sensible way of moving to the next slide. I tried adding a clickable  shape as per your suggestion but it seems to corrupt the fractals. But please experiment with the file in the meantime John maybe you'll stumble upon something and then let me know.
!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w
!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:38 am
johnr wrote:Could you have an arrow or icon to click on to move to another slide?

Why not add an invisible hyperlink shape in the corner or the edge of the slides? Just an idea, I hadn't tried it.
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:14 am
Hype - it seems to work with transparent shapes and acts more stable when miss-clicking Smile

Screen corners:
far top-left   = previous slide
far top-right = next slide

Use any earlier link to download the updated to kiosk mode file again or use this link.
!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w
!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:39 pm
It seemed that zooming in too much will break the illusion lol (i.e. the background suddenly changing to white when it was supposed to stay pitch black), there is also a glitch(?) where you will be transported to the next slide even when you're not clicking the corner button. Dunno why that happened.
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:10 am
It's not perfect - forcing Powerpoint to do stuff it was never intended for :b
I guess Powerpoint runs out of something in this endless loop once it realises that and then strange things start to happen... beware!

White always goes on after a while. It doesn't do that only for those slides where I was able to add a permanent black background shape as part of the fractal. Nothing else I could do about it especially with slide5 the blue snowflake. With slide6 the green cauliflower I try moving back onto a dark background by clicking on small objects which are already on a dark background (the black border line, a green background, etc) and then continue clicking objects which direct me even further onto a dark background. Then suddenly white will pop up again. So again I start moving onto black. It starts becoming a miniGame of sorts and in its weird way it's more fun this way with the changing background. I see the the out-of-focus shapes blown out of proportion moving past me and those tiny sharp new ones appearing in front of me. I feel like Ant Man flying between the molecules of his Micro Universe going ever deeper into the void, with no hope of return...!!
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:31 am
The latest update has got slide5 blue snowflake with the original white background.
Slide7 - spheres - you gotta handle like slide6 cauliflower.

JadeJohnsonIndustries™ likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum