Go down
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

ROBOBOX - Fight game Empty ROBOBOX - Fight game

Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:45 pm
A bit of Jade rubbed off on me with the opening playing slide of this.

It took a surprisingly long time to get this working as it does now.

There's an educational version for two teams in the pipeline where the opponent is forced back on the ropes for the knockout when questions are answered correctly.  

Download from here: ROBOBOX

ROBOBOX - Fight game 2023-01-18

JadeJohnsonIndustries™ likes this post

matto
matto
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

ROBOBOX - Fight game Empty Re: ROBOBOX - Fight game

Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:13 pm
I’m going to give some useful feedback for once.

I think that the language used to describe how to play the game needs to be a bit clearer. You have to move the mouse back and forth quite rapidly in order for your character to move. I think that “Move your curser back and forth” doesn’t accurately describe the motion that the user needs to do. I kept getting my butt kicked for the first minute or two of gameplay because I didn’t understand how to play.

Once you learn how to play, there really isn’t much else to do. There aren’t multiple opponents or rounds. It would be better if this went on as a tournament style game that scales in difficulty. I think that it’s possible to make this a more unique idea. For example, maybe the first opponent is a vacuum cleaner robot and then the final boss is a gigantic secret military experiment robot that’s twice your size and can defeat you easily.

Did you make the foreground characters? I think that they look nice, but there’s a huge disparity between the foreground characters and the background. I think that making a more cartoonish-style background would improve the overall aesthetic of the game.
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:45 am
Thanks matto, that's some very useful feedback.

I've got a set of slides called 'Robot Factory' where I have some other robots partially made. They mainly just change colour and size. I was thinking of the tournament idea so might pursue it now.

I'm going to try an 'artistic effect' to the background to see if I can make it match better. It took quite some time to find the background I have. (If you find anything that might fit please let me know).

As for the 'back and forth' the underplaying of the instruction was kinda intentional. I didn't want play to be too easy too quickly.
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:28 am
Here's an adjusted background - less realistic:

ROBOBOX - Fight game 2023-01-20-1
JadeJohnsonIndustries™
JadeJohnsonIndustries™
PPT Master
PPT Master
Location : I can presently be found at my current interdimensional coordinates.
https://gamejolt.com/@JadeJohnsonIndustries/games

Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:22 pm
johnr wrote:A bit of Jade rubbed off on me with the opening playing slide of this.

Aw, thanks!  I'm glad I inspired you to experiment with a new genre!  Oh, and Wrestle Camp 2 works a bit differently than the first game, with entirely randomised inputs!  If your players are having difficulty controlling the game, try using a wheel made-up of at least as many wedges as there are moves, or layering wheels with delayed 0.01-second blink-animations.  To see what I mean, try taking-apart Wrestle Camp 2's Base Game.

Oh yeah!  And, it now, DOES, use a slightly-altered tournament-mechanic!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum