PowerPoint Creative
PowerPoint Creative

Go down
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

CABIN FEVER - An interactive horror story Empty CABIN FEVER - An interactive horror story

Wed May 06, 2020 5:02 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I'm not entirely sure that this comes under the category of a game, but here it is anyway.

I entered a 'Game Jam' a while ago, and found that quite a few of the games entered were of a story type. So I had a go at making one. It's another game in the 'Horyd House' family.

There are quite a few audio files that go with this game so these files, and a PPSX file have been zipped for downloading. It's also over 80Mb which is big for me!

Link to zip: CABIN FEVER

Here are some screen shots, but without anything that gives away the story too much.

Feedback welcome.

CABIN FEVER - An interactive horror story 2020-05-06

CABIN FEVER - An interactive horror story 2020-05-06-4

CABIN FEVER - An interactive horror story 2020-05-06-5

CABIN FEVER - An interactive horror story 2020-05-06-1

CABIN FEVER - An interactive horror story 2020-05-05_(5)

CABIN FEVER - An interactive horror story 2020-05-06_(3)
Houtarou Oreki
Houtarou Oreki
PPT Creator
PPT Creator

CABIN FEVER - An interactive horror story Empty Re: CABIN FEVER - An interactive horror story

Sun May 17, 2020 10:09 pm
Where did you get this all assets !!? They look amazing!
Will play soon.
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

CABIN FEVER - An interactive horror story Empty Re: CABIN FEVER - An interactive horror story

Mon May 18, 2020 3:37 am
I got most of the assets from PPTs online library (Bing). I also got some from Google images and one or two from Getty Images and one or two were made from PPT Shapes.

The audio effects all come from freesound.org (a great site to check out for any audio effects).
Houtarou Oreki
Houtarou Oreki
PPT Creator
PPT Creator

Mon May 18, 2020 4:25 am
What a coincidence ! I take sounds from freesound.org!!
Houtarou Oreki
Houtarou Oreki
PPT Creator
PPT Creator

Mon May 18, 2020 5:56 am
The story is amazing!! sound are pretty spooky!! overall , it was great .
But a problem occured when i tried to pull out the plank lock . i had to click many times for the next thing to happen. I dont why that happened . Is it just my pc?
Btw , could you tell me how did you entered the game jam ?

One more thing , How did you do the ' show the information thing when you hover over items 'thing!!? please tell me !!

Also , have you checked out my 'escape game' yet? its my first ever big project ive done in my ppt journey.
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator

Mon May 18, 2020 7:11 am
Thank you!

I'll have a look at the plank issue. Played through it last night and did not have the same problem but I'll check again.

There is a 'Game Jam' website where there are lots of different competitions for different game topics. Most entrants seem to use 'Unity' as the game platform - which I'm not that impressed with. Some jams are specifically for PPT games.

https://itch.io/jams

I entered two jams and was also not that impressed with how they worked. I can tell you more if you're interested in submitting something.

As for the 'mouse over' info things - I'll do a mini-tutorial and post it later.

And finally - yes, I will check-out your escape game and get back to you.
Houtarou Oreki
Houtarou Oreki
PPT Creator
PPT Creator

Mon May 18, 2020 7:44 am
Im waiting for your tutorial ! Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum