Go down
johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

CABIN FEVER - The Video Empty CABIN FEVER - The Video

Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:57 am
I posted the 'Cabin Fever' game a while ago, but only with screenshots as I didn't want to give too much away about how the plot unfolds.

CABIN FEVER - Game

In the last couple of days however, I've made it into a video - so it's more like an animation than a game.

Now that I have access to voice-over software, I'm thinking of having voices replace a lot of the text. If you have a view on this I'd like to hear it.

The video is just under 20 minutes long so I'd also like to hear if it manages to keep your attention for that long - Thanks.

Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

CABIN FEVER - The Video Empty Re: CABIN FEVER - The Video

Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:35 am
So cool!

I wanted to see more and more of what the story had for me. And that creepy howling wind, and the quietness, together with so many other well-selected sounds. Great job! It didn't matter that - except for the short event outside - all of it is happening on one and the same screen of the interiour of the cabin house. Within your story line you've skillfully incorporated so many different ideas, objects and events that kept me wanting for more. 

Which dares me to say that I too agree PPT is not for smooth running action games as compared to those being abundently thrown at us especially by mobile phone game houses. What PPT demands of us is creativity to do best with what it has to offer. To me this means ideas and concepts which allow us to achieve maximum within PPT limitations dictated by what it is intentionally designed for. The consistent dwellers of this forum use PPT for the joy of it being PPT with our good knowledge of its workings and limitations. We can, therefore, better appreciate others' work knowing what they had to go through to get those results. Outsiders might not be able to appreciate our accomplishments comparing to what they immediately get by the truckload on Google or Apple stores.

Finishing my suddenly philosophical approach - my thoughts on VBA: it does not change the spectre-type of results we can get from PPT. VBA definitely helps - in my opinion - to overcome and/or smooth out many programming issues but always within the limitations of Microsoft's PowerPoint and its designed business purpose. I am sure this won't diminish the challenges and fun for anyone using PPT in other ways than simple business presentations.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum