PowerPoint Creative
PowerPoint Creative

Go down
!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w
!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Picture Plates (puzzle-rhythm game) Empty Picture Plates (puzzle-rhythm game)

Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:31 pm
Picture Plates (puzzle-rhythm game) Pictureplates

A circular-shaped puzzles that needs to be rotated to their upright position, blame Jarek and xPLAYn for teaching me how to use On-Click animation and Triggers properly the other day on Tutorials section.

I want to make this a full-fledged title, envisioning about 7 more levels to-add before I can call it a full-title, but it turns out that using Animation Triggers as your PPT game's central mechanic is a very exhausting and time-consuming process. So here I am with only 2 levels (only one actually, the other one serves as a tutorial for the game), probably gonna work on this project later when I finally feel like it.

So yeah, rotate them accordingly to the beats of the melody.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KXh9RC69F6opn2PdblUJ5wzsGoQWiZF8/view
Jarek
Jarek
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Picture Plates (puzzle-rhythm game) Empty Re: Picture Plates (puzzle-rhythm game)

Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:42 am
The words that come to my mind after playing it are "It's so lovely!". The choice of pictures, the complementary music and the peacefulness.

I really do like the animations corresponding on the beat with the music notes and the extra touch with only the highlighted ring to be turned - some heavy thought was put into it. Actually, how did you get the animations to follow the music pattern?

Inspired by your creation the following came to my mind as possible deviations:
- the rings could also rotate anti-clockwise, even with the same ring with different turn-degree ratios and more clicks to get it set correctly
- 2 sets of rings (or more) which maybe even coincide with each other and cross paths - sort of like Rubic's Cube in 2D

Overall a very nice idea and a job well done.

!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w likes this post

!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w
!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Picture Plates (puzzle-rhythm game) Empty Re: Picture Plates (puzzle-rhythm game)

Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:58 am
Thanks!

Though peaceful aura it gave off quickly fade away as I playtest it again and again, mainly because it always lulls me into being sleepy. Almost as if this game curses anyone who develops it xP

For the animations to follow the music pattern, I manually cut the song's wav file into each distinct melody beats. So I have like 11 something wav files prepared for that single slide, most of which only lasted like a second or so. The song is already slow enough as is because the rhythm between each beats are either a second or half second, which makes the leg-work (timing the animations) easier. A more fast-paced song would be nightmarish I reckon, to say the least.

Jarek wrote:- the rings could also rotate anti-clockwise, even with the same ring with different turn-degree ratios and more clicks to get it set correctly
- 2 sets of rings (or more) which maybe even coincide with each other and cross paths - sort of like Rubic's Cube in 2D

My mind shudders upon reading that second line, wondering how can I even make something like it actually works. Almost horrifying, almost.

But the first one is certainly a clever take, the gameplay would offer a lot more interesting dynamic and can be used to rhyme with certain instruments by also messing around with the duration setting.
JadeJohnsonIndustries™
JadeJohnsonIndustries™
PPT Master
PPT Master
Location : I can presently be found at my current interdimensional coordinates.
https://gamejolt.com/@JadeJohnsonIndustries/games

Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:36 pm
I really like this, a lot!

On the last scene, though, where the plates were flashing instead of pulsing; I don't know if it was because I had my screen-reader (which I usually disable whenever I'm gaming) on whilst playing [this time], but when I clicked the circles, they stayed still instead of turning.  Was that a cutscene showing them already in the right positions, or, like, what?  Like, it worked fine on the first slide (or two?).

Either way, the way the audio-engine works reminds me of the Super FamiCom (or Super Nintendo Entertainment System for you yanks).  I love that!
!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w
!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:18 am
Correct! That means you've gone past the gameplay session and onto the cutscene session. If the rest of the image still hasn't appeared by the time you got there, you might've missed a beat. That's why I put a reset button on top of the screen.

JadeJohnsonIndustries™ likes this post

JadeJohnsonIndustries™
JadeJohnsonIndustries™
PPT Master
PPT Master
Location : I can presently be found at my current interdimensional coordinates.
https://gamejolt.com/@JadeJohnsonIndustries/games

Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:11 pm
!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w wrote:…you might've missed a beat.

Ah, that would explain it: My eyes are so bad, that it affects my understanding of how the majority of things work.  I'm still so perpetually-surprised that my mother told me during our Christmas Family-Flashback Time that I taught myself how to ride a bike!  With me being so timid when faced with change and challenges regarding anything non-electronic slash non-technological, I don't know how I would've done it!

That being said though, I've learned to get at least passably-good at "Hatsune Miku: ProJect Mirai DX" (which has very little contrast, due to the use of extremely-pastel colours), so maybe there's still yet hope for me.  I would try "Rhythm Heaven: Megamix", but that artstyle gives me nightmares!
!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w
!C8Hypela/M!!fN+hj5w
Featured Creator
Featured Creator

Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:28 am
Where there is a will, there is a way fam. Grats on the bike lol

JadeJohnsonIndustries™ likes this post

johnr
johnr
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.powerpointgames.uk

Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:27 am
I do like this game, especially with the 'beat' element. Although 'missed the beat' a few times it was all part of the fun. I did get a little confused at one point however with the picture tilted at an angle with a sloping ground (unless I was doing something wrong of course, which is highly likely!)

I think this could be expanded to have multiple circles. I'm thinking of clicking on some out-of-position circles so they spin slowly and then stop when you click them again. The similar aim being to get as close as possible to a seamless full picture.

After making 'TwisterPicture' you have inspired me to have a go at making a circular one.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum